    wonder if the ACPI exe driver file for my motherboard, ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe,
    should be installed.

    Thank you, John T.
    =?Utf-8?B?TGltZXkgbGFk?=, Nov 7, 2006

  2. * Limey lad:

    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Configuration_and_Power_Interface>

    > I'm about to install XP 64 bit on a new WD Raptor drive and
    > wonder if the ACPI exe driver file for my motherboard, ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe,
    > should be installed.

    WinXP x64 supports ACPI. If this file has to be installed or not (I
    doubt it) should be obtainable from the documentation. Is this even for
    XP x64?

    Benjamin
    Benjamin Gawert, Nov 7, 2006

  3. Yes. It is listed under XP64 bit files for my motherboard and I assume an
    earlier dated driver was/is on my installation CD. I'll checkout the
    wikipedia.

    Thank you.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGltZXkgbGFk?=, Nov 7, 2006