    which seems a little silly. can it be that its still in development to
    such a degree? Mandrake has it going mostly.

    Anyway... all help apreciated, TIA

    dementer, Jan 3, 2004

  2. dementer

    Jax Guest

    dementer wrote:
    > Anyone know what I could do to get acpi going? have looked around for an
    > rpm or source file to use, but would like to avoid recompiling the kernel
    > if I can...
    >
    > Fedora seems to come with the acpi daemon, but not the userspace gear,
    > which seems a little silly. can it be that its still in development to
    > such a degree? Mandrake has it going mostly.
    >
    > Anyway... all help apreciated, TIA

    yeah as i gather its still under development and not working *that* well
    read the realease note, they tell you how to enable, its acpi = on flag
    somewhere...

    Jax, Jan 3, 2004

  3. dementer

    dementer Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 08:58:14 +0000, Jax wrote:

    > dementer wrote:
    >> Anyone know what I could do to get acpi going? have looked around for an
    >> rpm or source file to use, but would like to avoid recompiling the kernel
    >> if I can...
    >>
    >> Fedora seems to come with the acpi daemon, but not the userspace gear,
    >> which seems a little silly. can it be that its still in development to
    >> such a degree? Mandrake has it going mostly.
    >>
    >> Anyway... all help apreciated, TIA

    > yeah as i gather its still under development and not working *that* well
    > read the realease note, they tell you how to enable, its acpi = on flag
    > somewhere...

    duh of course... I should have thought of that. :) looks like the .2135
    release handles things a bit better then the stock kernel too... I wonder
    how that 2.6 kernel is rolling... :p

    dementer, Jan 4, 2004
  4. dementer

    Lennier Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 19:34:47 +1300, dementer wrote:

    > I wonder how that 2.6 kernel is rolling.

    Linux 2.6.0 is already released.

    A Linux 2.6 RPM for RedHat 9 is already available - installed and running
    smoothly on my Linux workstation.

    Lennier

    Lennier, Jan 4, 2004
  5. On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 08:58:14 +0000, Jax wrote:

    > yeah as i gather its still under development and not working *that* well

    ACPI doesn't work particularly well under WinDohs either.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Jan 4, 2004