ACNS 5.9.x Negative Caching Query??

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Howard L, Sep 8, 2008.

  1. Howard L

    Howard L Guest

    I know I don't see much on ACNS here, but was hoping someone might have
    worked with the ACNS software more than I have, as it's pretty new to me.

    I have a Content Engine 590 here I am working with, running ACNS 5.9.11,
    using WCCPv2, and overall it's working well. The problem I am running into
    is if it sends a request, and that request fails, it seems to cache that
    request for like 15 min before it will even attempt it again. So for
    example I was reading a forum remotely, was doing great, and apparently it
    missed a response, and that was it, it wouldn't even try the forum again
    till that negative response timed/aged out. I turned off the proxy
    redirect and all would work fine, turn it back on and dead. Once the
    negative response aged out things were normal again.

    Is there some setting to tell it if it gets a negative response to always
    retry if requested again? I have looked at the config and reference guides
    from Cisco, and though I can set a ton of stuff, I haven't found a way to
    stop this behavior. Anyone have any ideas, or clues on how to change this
    action by the Content Engine?

    -HL

    Howard L, Sep 8, 2008