ACLs insertion and management on 837.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by AM, Jan 8, 2005.

  1. AM

    AM Guest

    Hi all,

    I noticed that if I have this ACL

    access-list 23 permit 123.456.789.101
    access-list 23 permit 102.34.24.67
    access-list 23 deny any

    and I tried to delete "access-list 23 permit 102.34.24.67" but 837 deletes all the 23 ACL.

    I use ACL n. 23 to permit/allow ssh-telnet session to the router. I have an ACL 111
    applied on Dialer interface that permit incoming traffic on port 22- not 23.

    I mean it seem that any "no access-list 23 ..." deletes all items of ACL 23.
    Should I have to cut the ACL, modify it and then paste back to the router?
    Can I manage the ACL specifying the line?

    I wondered if "access-class 23 in" is specified in line vty menu but no access-list 23 is present in
    config file, the 837 accepts all incoming connection of specified transport types.

    Moreover, what about the several ranges of ACLs on my 837?

    <1-99> IP standard access list
    <100-199> IP extended access list
    <1100-1199> Extended 48-bit MAC address access list
    <1300-1999> IP standard access list (expanded range)
    <200-299> Protocol type-code access list
    <2000-2699> IP extended access list (expanded range)
    <700-799> 48-bit MAC address access list

    Have they different syntax? So the numbers in 1-99 range don't allow the use of line parameter?

    Thanks,

    Alex.

    AM, Jan 8, 2005