    can someone please please help!

    thanks
    patti
    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0dGk=?=, Jun 21, 2007

    CBIC, Jun 21, 2007

    > R U Hawt?

    Man, I'm getting slow.
    FrisbeeĀ®, Jun 21, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UGF0dGk=?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0dGk=?= <> prattled
    ceaselessly in news::

    > Hi,
    > i have a big problem i am running windows 2003 domain. i am finding
    > that certain user objects inheritance is not staying on the object
    > which is causing some big problems and not all it only a hand few may.
    > i check off all heritance and maybe an hour later the inheritance
    > button is unchecked its making me nuts. I really need to resolve this.
    > can someone please please help!
    >
    > thanks
    > patti

    Have you tried setting up auditing on these objects?

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43
    catwalker63, Jun 21, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?UGF0dGk=?=

    2feral Guest

    My suggestion which is brutal, but effective and very handy if you are
    changing permissions on a wholesale level ie converting to group
    security from an old system of users etc

    Firstly, logon as administrator, and take ownership of the top level
    folder from what you are processing, when you do this and before you
    do this make sure the tick box for replace owner on subcontainers and
    folders.

    Then go to advanced and assign the groups under permission you wnat
    access, again tick the change permissions entires on sub files and
    folders and tick inherit, you are the owner so this will work on every
    folder.

    After that you can then do each folder below this to appropriate
    permissions.

    This is effective as it resets everuthing and removes an explicit
    permissions from sub folders and files.

    Just a method i have used to turn back the clock on a messy ACL setup.

    AUDITING is also a very good idea and i would even go as far as
    changing admin password if you have firther issues.
    2feral, Jun 27, 2007