    Your thoughts would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mac
    Mac Lynch, Dec 13, 2006

  2. Mac Lynch

    RON Guest

    It happens to all of us.

    RON, Dec 13, 2006

  3. Mac Lynch

    Frank ess Guest

    Mac Lynch wrote:
    > Are my friends & relations just a bit lazy, or is it a general thing
    > that if photos are Emailed, or printed & posted snail mail, or
    > directed from a commercial print firm, that rarely is their receipt
    > acknowledged?

    The rare failures in my circles are usually just a tipoff to delivery
    problems.

    Another possibility: they're trying to tell the sender to stop.
    (Less than usual, but equally valid)

    --
    Frank ess
    Frank ess, Dec 13, 2006
  4. Mac Lynch

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 00:08:36 +0000 (UTC)
    (Mac Lynch) wrote:

    > Are my friends & relations just a bit lazy, or is it a general thing
    > that if photos are Emailed, or printed & posted snail mail, or
    > directed from a commercial print firm, that rarely is their receipt
    > acknowledged? Perhaps my photos don't merit that:)
    >
    > Your thoughts would be appreciated.
    > Thanks
    > Mac

    No - they are just family :)

    --
    Neil
    Reverse 'ra' and delete 'l'.
    Neil Ellwood, Dec 13, 2006
  5. Mac Lynch

    fauger Guest

  6. Mac Lynch

    Helen Guest

    Mac Lynch wrote:
    > Are my friends & relations just a bit lazy, or is it a general thing that if
    > photos are Emailed, or printed & posted snail mail, or directed from a
    > commercial print firm, that rarely is their receipt acknowledged?
    > Perhaps my photos don't merit that:)
    >
    > Your thoughts would be appreciated.
    > Thanks
    > Mac

    I think they say - you can lead a camel to water, but you can't make it
    drink.
    H.
    Helen, Dec 13, 2006
  7. Mac Lynch

    Mike Fields Guest

    "Helen" <> wrote in message
    > Mac Lynch wrote:
    >> Are my friends & relations just a bit lazy, or is it a general thing
    >> that if photos are Emailed, or printed & posted snail mail, or
    >> directed from a commercial print firm, that rarely is their receipt
    >> acknowledged?
    >> Perhaps my photos don't merit that:)
    >>
    >> Your thoughts would be appreciated.
    >> Thanks
    >> Mac
    >>

    > I think they say - you can lead a camel to water, but you can't make
    > it drink.
    > H.

    Appears to be normal (sadly). Every year for a number of years now,
    I have put together all the good pictures I get of my two kids soccer
    teams into a DVD. Both as a playable DVD (in a normal player) and
    with an "EXTRAS" folder on it that has all the good pictures of all
    the kids I have taken. Each year, the parents all ask if I am going to
    "do it again this year" and get all excited when I say yes. At the end
    of
    the season, they all get in line to get a copy (or two). Those that
    don't
    make it, we send them a copy. Afterwards, I send out an email asking
    if everyone got one and to let me know if any problems. The silence
    is usually overwhelming (until they ask again next year). If I get a
    real
    good shot of one of the kids and send it to them, the only way I know
    they got it is by asking and then it is "Oh, yeah, thanks for the great
    shot", but otherwise, no comment. You just sort of have to read
    between the lines and be satisfied with what you have done.
    People are usually too busy these days to acknowledge it when
    someone does something for them unfortunately.

    mikey
    Mike Fields, Dec 14, 2006
  8. Mac Lynch

    Frank ess Guest

    Mike Fields wrote:
    > "Helen" <> wrote in message
    >> Mac Lynch wrote:
    >>> Are my friends & relations just a bit lazy, or is it a general
    >>> thing
    >>> that if photos are Emailed, or printed & posted snail mail, or
    >>> directed from a commercial print firm, that rarely is their
    >>> receipt
    >>> acknowledged?
    >>> Perhaps my photos don't merit that:)
    >>>
    >>> Your thoughts would be appreciated.
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Mac
    >>>

    >> I think they say - you can lead a camel to water, but you can't
    >> make
    >> it drink.
    >> H.

    > Appears to be normal (sadly). Every year for a number of years now,
    > I have put together all the good pictures I get of my two kids
    > soccer
    > teams into a DVD. Both as a playable DVD (in a normal player) and
    > with an "EXTRAS" folder on it that has all the good pictures of all
    > the kids I have taken. Each year, the parents all ask if I am going
    > to "do it again this year" and get all excited when I say yes. At
    > the
    > end of
    > the season, they all get in line to get a copy (or two). Those that
    > don't
    > make it, we send them a copy. Afterwards, I send out an email
    > asking
    > if everyone got one and to let me know if any problems. The silence
    > is usually overwhelming (until they ask again next year). If I get
    > real
    > good shot of one of the kids and send it to them, the only way I
    > know
    > they got it is by asking and then it is "Oh, yeah, thanks for the
    > great shot", but otherwise, no comment. You just sort of have to
    > read
    > between the lines and be satisfied with what you have done.
    > People are usually too busy these days to acknowledge it when
    > someone does something for them unfortunately.

    I've had similar experience in a slightly different venue. There's
    another question I get frequently: "This is pretty expensive for you,
    isn't it?"

    Well, yes; however, "It's my golf; I spend way too much at it, but it
    gives me great pleasure, and unlike golf I can share the product."

    --
    Frank ess
    Frank ess, Dec 14, 2006
  9. Mac Lynch

    Skip Guest

    "Mac Lynch" <> wrote in message
    > Are my friends & relations just a bit lazy, or is it a general thing that
    > if
    > photos are Emailed, or printed & posted snail mail, or directed from a
    > commercial print firm, that rarely is their receipt acknowledged?
    > Perhaps my photos don't merit that:)
    >
    > Your thoughts would be appreciated.
    > Thanks
    > Mac

    Way too normal. I had a girl ask me to please send her some images that
    we'd shot as soon as possible. I pulled them up, tweaked one or two to
    remove parts of her anatomy (side of breast) so they'd be acceptable to who
    she wanted to send them to, as emailed them to her. That was Monday.
    Haven't heard back from her.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
    Skip, Dec 14, 2006
  10. Mac Lynch

    ASAAR Guest

    On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 20:46:38 +0000, Helen wrote:

    >> Your thoughts would be appreciated.
    >> Thanks

    > I think they say - you can lead a camel to water, but you can't make it
    > drink.

    Parker's horticultural beauties don't even do that well, I think.
    ASAAR, Dec 14, 2006