    My machine locked up and so I rebooted but when I came back into Windows and
    launched Firefox all of my bookmarks were missing :{ Anyway to get them
    back?
    bioderm, Jul 13, 2004

  2. bioderm

    Moz Champion Guest

    bioderm wrote:
    > My machine locked up and so I rebooted but when I came back into Windows and
    > launched Firefox all of my bookmarks were missing :{ Anyway to get them
    > back?

    Take a look in your profile folder, does the file bookmarks.html still exist?

    Quit Firefox, move the file out of the profile, restart and quit Firefox, then move the file back in (allowing it to replace the re-generated bookmark file). Did your bookmarks come back?

    This is one reason why you should have backup copies <g>. If you did you could simply replace the bookmarks.html with a backup copy

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Moz Champion, Jul 13, 2004

  3. On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:35:13 -0700, in Newsgroup--> alt.fan.mozilla, the
    personage of "bioderm" <>, courtesy of Message-id
    <> and wondering whence the lambs & piglets,
    bleated & squealed:

    >My machine locked up and so I rebooted but when I came back into Windows and
    >launched Firefox all of my bookmarks were missing :{ Anyway to get them
    >back?

    http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/bookmarkbackup

    Have fun, good luck :)
    Vrodok the Troll, Jul 13, 2004