    pay for a three month warranty before they would look at it. Has anyone run
    into this type of problem of accessing a secure site? Any feedback would be
    deeply appreciated.

    M.A.Washington, Jul 6, 2003

  2. M.A.Washington

    trout Guest

    M.A.Washington wrote:

    > I am having a problem when accessing secure sites like online banking
    > on the internet. Everything else runs normally until I go to a secure
    > site and I literally run into a brick wall. I am running Internet
    > Explorer version
    > 6.02. I have a Hewlett Packard Pavilion, Intel Celeron 1.10 ghz with
    > 128 meg of ram. Microsoft XP version 2002. I was running a dial up
    > then changed to cable modem but I am still encountering the same
    > problem. Tech support for the cable company walked me through a
    > couple of options that did not work, then they told me to contact
    > Hewlett Packard who in turn told me I needed to pay for a three month
    > warranty before they would look at it. Has anyone run into this type
    > of problem of accessing a secure site? Any feedback would be deeply
    > appreciated.

    What exactly happens? Do you get a "page can not be displayed"
    message? Is there an error number?
    Have a look in Internet Options. Check through your settings on the
    Security and Privacy tabs. You must allow the site to set a cookie.
    If you're not sure what is preventing the connection; try choosing a
    "Custom" level in both of these places, and carefully go through the
    advanced options.
    --
    "Hopefully, at least a place to start...."

    trout, Jul 6, 2003

  3. M.A.Washington

    °Mike° Guest

    http://www.google.com/search?q=secure web page site:support.microsoft.com

    On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 03:25:43 GMT, in
    <XEMNa.46007$>
    M.A.Washington scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 6, 2003
  4. M.A.Washington

    boy wonder Guest

    I'm sorry, I can't even comment on this without a 3 month service contract.
    What does Hewlett Packard have to do with it? Or the ISP?
    Microsoft is where I look. SSL, secure sockets, part of your internet
    browser probably Internet Explorer 6.0. Do you have another browser in your
    machine. Netscape Navigator maybe? Does it have the same problem?

    You might need to reinstall IE6 at the worst, I suppose.

    Call me BWANNA

    I turned my life around. Now I'm back where I started.
    [Taglinator 3.0 unregistered - www.srtware.com]

    --
    boy wonder

    boy wonder, Jul 6, 2003