    caches and temp folders but still no joy

    Regards
    Lodi
    Lodi, Feb 21, 2008

  2. Lodi

    Lodi Guest

    On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 03:14:16 +0100, Lodi wrote:

    > Hi all...Site check please :)
    >
    > http://www.acer.co.nz/cashback
    >
    > Was able to access it earlier this arvo but can't now. Have cleared my
    > caches and temp folders but still no joy
    >
    > Regards
    > Lodi

    False alarm folks.

    Seems to be back

    Regards
    Lodi
    Lodi, Feb 21, 2008

  3. In article <fpimpo$p75$>, Lodi did write:

    > Have cleared my caches and temp folders but still no joy

    I don't see why you feel the need to do that every time a site becomes
    inaccessible, unless ... Dimdows?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Feb 21, 2008
  4. Lodi

    Lodi Guest

    On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:15:04 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > In article <fpimpo$p75$>, Lodi did write:
    >
    >> Have cleared my caches and temp folders but still no joy

    > I don't see why you feel the need to do that every time a site becomes
    > inaccessible, unless ... Dimdows?

    Nope. Kubuntu Gutsy.
    Lodi, Feb 21, 2008
  5. Lodi

    EMB Guest

    Lodi wrote:
    > On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:15:04 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    >> In article <fpimpo$p75$>, Lodi did write:
    >>
    >>> Have cleared my caches and temp folders but still no joy

    >> I don't see why you feel the need to do that every time a site becomes
    >> inaccessible, unless ... Dimdows?

    > Nope. Kubuntu Gutsy.

    The acer website was giving an IIS error about "too many connections"
    this afternoon.
    EMB, Feb 22, 2008
  6. In article <fpkpo2$trc$>, Lodi did write:

    > On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:15:04 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    >> In article <fpimpo$p75$>, Lodi did write:
    >>
    >>> Have cleared my caches and temp folders but still no joy

    >> I don't see why you feel the need to do that every time a site becomes
    >> inaccessible, unless ... Dimdows?

    > Nope. Kubuntu Gutsy.

    Dimdows habits, then?

    My first reaction when a website becomes inaccessible in Firefox is to try
    things like ping, traceroute, check the DNS still resolves etc. I've never
    had to clear out caches or temp folders to deal with such a problem.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Feb 22, 2008
  7. Lodi

    EMB Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > Dimdows habits, then?
    >
    > My first reaction when a website becomes inaccessible in Firefox is to try
    > things like ping, traceroute, check the DNS still resolves etc. I've never
    > had to clear out caches or temp folders to deal with such a problem.

    Your troubleshooting steps and mine are the same - despite me using
    Windows.

    You do yourself no favours by always ridiculing Windows even when the OS
    is unlikely to have any bearing on the problem being discussed. If you
    would put your bias aside occasionally more people would pay attention
    to your often valuable contributions.
    EMB, Feb 22, 2008