    microswitches under the keyboard. Just turn switch 3 on, try to boot
    then turn it back off and I was in like Spitzer. I can't even find any
    switches or jumpers in this damned thing.

    Rôgêr, Mar 12, 2008

  2. Rôgêr

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:50:57 -0400, Rôgêr wrote:

    >Model: Aspire 3690
    >
    >Cannot boot it up as it is password protected in BIOS. I've cleared a
    >lot of BIOS passwords before including just recently an Acer laptop, but
    >this one has me stumped so far on how to do it. Google has been no help.
    >Anyone have any ideas?

    Assuming you mean no help as in, the answers you found didn't work
    rather than no answers :)

    Perhaps repeating 1 option, remove CMOS battery for 20-30 minutes.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Mar 12, 2008

  3. Rôgêr

    Rôgêr Guest

    why? wrote:
    > On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:50:57 -0400, Rôgêr wrote:
    >
    >> Model: Aspire 3690
    >>
    >> Cannot boot it up as it is password protected in BIOS. I've cleared a
    >> lot of BIOS passwords before including just recently an Acer laptop, but
    >> this one has me stumped so far on how to do it. Google has been no help.
    >> Anyone have any ideas?

    > Assuming you mean no help as in, the answers you found didn't work
    > rather than no answers :)
    >
    > Perhaps repeating 1 option, remove CMOS battery for 20-30 minutes.

    No CMOS battery that I can find. I'm very much used to doing that or
    using a clear CMOS jumper. If there's anything like that on this machine
    I've not come across it. I've already got it laying here in many more
    pieces than should have to be necessary for such a simple thing.

    No help from Google means I was looking for help on this specific model,
    all I could find were general hints on how to do it on laptops.

    Rôgêr, Mar 12, 2008
  4. Rôgêr <> wrote in

    > Model: Aspire 3690
    >
    > Cannot boot it up as it is password protected in BIOS. I've cleared a
    > lot of BIOS passwords before including just recently an Acer laptop, but
    > this one has me stumped so far on how to do it. Google has been no help.
    > Anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > The last Acer laptop I cleared the password on there was a tiny set of
    > microswitches under the keyboard. Just turn switch 3 on, try to boot
    > then turn it back off and I was in like Spitzer. I can't even find any
    > switches or jumpers in this damned thing.

    If you cannot boot the Acer and don't want to send your computer back to
    Acer for an unknown amount of time, you can try to reset the BIOS password
    via hardware.

    Tech FAQ Forum members have reported that they were able to remove their
    Acer BIOS passwords by simply opening their notebooks and removing the CMOS
    batteries for 30 minutes.

    Once your BIOS password is removed, you will need to press the <F2> key
    during POST (Power On Self Test) to enter the Acer BIOS setup.

    --

    My name is Bucky Breeder and I approve this message!

    "Too bad the only people who know how to run the country
    are busy driving cabs and cutting hair." --George Burns

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AratTMGrHaQ

    http://www.allisoncrowe.com/music/hallelujah.mp3

    Bucky Breeder, Mar 12, 2008
  5. Rôgêr <> wrote in

    > Model: Aspire 3690
    >
    > Cannot boot it up as it is password protected in BIOS. I've cleared a
    > lot of BIOS passwords before including just recently an Acer laptop, but
    > this one has me stumped so far on how to do it. Google has been no help.
    > Anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > The last Acer laptop I cleared the password on there was a tiny set of
    > microswitches under the keyboard. Just turn switch 3 on, try to boot
    > then turn it back off and I was in like Spitzer. I can't even find any
    > switches or jumpers in this damned thing.

    Also:

    http://www.freelabs.com/~whitis/security/backdoor.html

    Bucky Breeder, Mar 12, 2008
  6. Rôgêr

    Mike Easter Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:

    > No CMOS battery that I can find. I'm very much used to doing that or
    > using a clear CMOS jumper. If there's anything like that on this
    > machine I've not come across it. I've already got it laying here in
    > many more pieces than should have to be necessary for such a simple
    > thing.

    "Just remember to clear the CMOS, the jumper is below the RAM on the
    3690, bridged with a screw driver."
    http://www.notebookforums.com/thread208129.html

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 12, 2008
  7. Rôgêr

    why? Guest

    On 12 Mar 2008 17:37:34 GMT, Bucky Breeder wrote:

    >Rôgêr <> wrote in
    >
    >> Model: Aspire 3690
    >>
    >> Cannot boot it up as it is password protected in BIOS. I've cleared a
    >> lot of BIOS passwords before including just recently an Acer laptop, but
    >> this one has me stumped so far on how to do it. Google has been no help.
    >> Anyone have any ideas?

    <snip>

    >Also:
    >
    >http://www.freelabs.com/~whitis/security/backdoor.html

    That's what I found, the stuff you and Mike E posted, hence my question
    to Rôgêr. I assumed he would have found all those bits. Oh well.

    Me

    why?, Mar 12, 2008
  8. Rôgêr

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 13:25:30 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    <snip>

    >No CMOS battery that I can find. I'm very much used to doing that or
    >using a clear CMOS jumper. If there's anything like that on this machine
    >I've not come across it. I've already got it laying here in many more
    >pieces than should have to be necessary for such a simple thing.
    >
    >No help from Google means I was looking for help on this specific model,
    >all I could find were general hints on how to do it on laptops.

    Have you tried the backdoor passwords?

    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/47836-35-acer-disgrace

    --
    A luser is someone who returns a perfectly good hammer to the hardware
    store saying "There's something wrong with it.  I keep hitting my

    Mara, Mar 12, 2008
  9. Rôgêr

    Rôgêr Guest

    Mara wrote:
    > On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 13:25:30 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >> No CMOS battery that I can find. I'm very much used to doing that or
    >> using a clear CMOS jumper. If there's anything like that on this machine
    >> I've not come across it. I've already got it laying here in many more
    >> pieces than should have to be necessary for such a simple thing.
    >>
    >> No help from Google means I was looking for help on this specific model,
    >> all I could find were general hints on how to do it on laptops.

    > Have you tried the backdoor passwords?
    >
    > http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/47836-35-acer-disgrace

    They don't work on laptops. Neither does removing any battery. However I
    DO like it when you talk to me that way.

    Rôgêr, Mar 12, 2008
  10. Rôgêr

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 18:23:01 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >Mara wrote:
    >> On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 13:25:30 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >>> No CMOS battery that I can find. I'm very much used to doing that or
    >>> using a clear CMOS jumper. If there's anything like that on this machine
    >>> I've not come across it. I've already got it laying here in many more
    >>> pieces than should have to be necessary for such a simple thing.
    >>>
    >>> No help from Google means I was looking for help on this specific model,
    >>> all I could find were general hints on how to do it on laptops.

    >> Have you tried the backdoor passwords?
    >>
    >> http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/47836-35-acer-disgrace

    >They don't work on laptops. Neither does removing any battery. However I
    >DO like it when you talk to me that way.

    Did you find a CMOS jumper in there?

    And shaddup, wisenheimer.

    Mara, Mar 12, 2008
  11. Rôgêr

    Rôgêr Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >
    >> No CMOS battery that I can find. I'm very much used to doing that or
    >> using a clear CMOS jumper. If there's anything like that on this
    >> machine I've not come across it. I've already got it laying here in
    >> many more pieces than should have to be necessary for such a simple
    >> thing.

    > "Just remember to clear the CMOS, the jumper is below the RAM on the
    > 3690, bridged with a screw driver."
    > http://www.notebookforums.com/thread208129.html

    Thanks Mike, after a struggle that worked. I've sure as hell never seen
    a jumper like that before, it's just two tiny little bare spots on the MB.

    Then my struggle got worse, after I got the BIOS password cleared now
    there's a harddrive password, which is much more secure than the BIOS
    password. Can't boot from any other device until that is removed. From
    what I've been reading any tricks to get by it are too expensive to be
    worth it. What I'm not clear on is if I hook the drive up in another
    computer as slave, maybe I could get enough access to format it or zero
    it out. I'm starting to think a new hard drive may be better.

    Rôgêr, Mar 12, 2008
  12. Rôgêr

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 18:23:01 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    <snip>

    >They don't work on laptops. Neither does removing any battery. However I
    >DO like it when you talk to me that way.

    You could try this too:

    http://www.vietzon.com/red/?p=92

    Mara, Mar 12, 2008
  13. Rôgêr

    Rôgêr Guest

    Mara wrote:
    > On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 18:23:01 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >> They don't work on laptops. Neither does removing any battery. However I
    >> DO like it when you talk to me that way.

    > You could try this too:
    >
    > http://www.vietzon.com/red/?p=92

    Thanks, but that is more like the Acer I worked on last month. Believe
    me, in this Acer there are no micro switches to clear the pwd. I looked
    all through it's guts wearing one of those magnifying hoods. I even
    removed the memory which is where the jumpers are, but didn't recognize
    anything as a jumper. Just tiny little shiny spots on the MB.

    Now that I did get the BIOS pwd cleared, there's a HD password and it's
    even worse. Acer says you can't fix this without the HD password. Damn
    it's aggravating.

    Rôgêr, Mar 12, 2008
  14. Rôgêr

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 18:46:31 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    <snip>

    >Thanks, but that is more like the Acer I worked on last month. Believe
    >me, in this Acer there are no micro switches to clear the pwd. I looked
    >all through it's guts wearing one of those magnifying hoods. I even
    >removed the memory which is where the jumpers are, but didn't recognize
    >anything as a jumper. Just tiny little shiny spots on the MB.
    >
    >Now that I did get the BIOS pwd cleared, there's a HD password and it's
    >even worse. Acer says you can't fix this without the HD password. Damn
    >it's aggravating.

    Well, forget it then. There's no way to reset the hdd password that I know of.
    Try newegg for a new drive and see what you can find.

    Mara, Mar 12, 2008
  15. Rôgêr

    Rôgêr Guest

    Rôgêr, Mar 13, 2008
  16. Rôgêr

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:34:08 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >Mara wrote:
    >
    >> Well, forget it then. There's no way to reset the hdd password that I know of.
    >> Try newegg for a new drive and see what you can find.

    >Say, do you wear a bare midriff shirt in warm weather? And does your
    >bellybutton show?
    >http://www.caminoix.prv.pl/grafika/funnies/women.dir/bellybutton.jpg

    This is more my style:

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/2tba6t

    And, my shape.

    Mara, Mar 13, 2008
  17. Rôgêr

    Rôgêr Guest

    Rôgêr, Mar 13, 2008
  18. Rôgêr

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 00:11:30 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >Mara wrote:
    >> On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:34:08 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >>> Say, do you wear a bare midriff shirt in warm weather? And does your
    >>> bellybutton show?
    >>> http://www.caminoix.prv.pl/grafika/funnies/women.dir/bellybutton.jpg

    >> This is more my style:
    >>
    >> http://preview.tinyurl.com/2tba6t
    >>
    >> And, my shape.

    >Could you meet me at the Mayflower Hotel in DC?

    Why would I want to go all the way to DC? They rip me off enough from here.

    Mara, Mar 13, 2008
  19. Rôgêr

    ARC Guest

    Sir, i got my dad laptop out after 2 years and he is US he doesnt
    remember the bios password of ACER Aspire 3200LC.
    with amd sempron 2800+

    can u kindly hep and reply me on

    thanks

    ARC, May 8, 2008
  20. Rôgêr

    conradodav

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2009
    Messages:
    4
    Hi if you need some support regarding Acer Aspire BIOS password feel free to contact me to conradodav at hotmail dot com or visit laptoprebirth dot com

    conradodav, Mar 3, 2009