    Photoshop. Acer tell me they do not give out these details to members
    of the public, why I don't know. I also need the gamma, white spot and
    phospher settings.

    huckleberry, Mar 16, 2006

  2. huckleberry

    Roy G Guest

    "huckleberry" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Can anyone tell me how to find the ICC or ICM colour profile for my new
    > Acer AL1951 LCD monitor that I need to calibrate for use with
    > Photoshop. Acer tell me they do not give out these details to members
    > of the public, why I don't know. I also need the gamma, white spot and
    > phospher settings.

    Hi

    I think you will need to Calibrate and profile your new Display with a
    hardware device such as Spyder or Eye-one.

    These do not need the manufacturers profile, and will create a profile for
    you.

    Your post read as if you had been going to Calibrate with Adobe Gamma, and
    that does not work with Flat Panels.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Mar 16, 2006

  3. >
    > Can anyone tell me how to find the ICC or ICM colour profile for my new
    > Acer AL1951 LCD monitor that I need to calibrate for use with
    > Photoshop. Acer tell me they do not give out these details to members
    > of the public, why I don't know. I also need the gamma, white spot and
    > phospher settings.

    Acer provide ICC profiles for many of their monitors (though I couldn't
    quickly find the 1951) from their corporate ftp support sites! I do not
    therefore understand the response you were given.

    Professor Peter R Hobson
    School of Engineering & Design
    Brunel University, Uxbridge UB8 3PH G.B.

    Peter R Hobson, Mar 16, 2006
  4. huckleberry

    huckleberry Guest

    Thanks for that but why do you say Adobe Gamma doesn't work with flat
    screens?

    huckleberry, Mar 16, 2006
  5. huckleberry

    > Thanks for that but why do you say Adobe Gamma doesn't work with flat
    > screens?

    Hi.

    Don't know why, it just doesn't. I still use CRTs

    Roy G

    Roy G, Mar 17, 2006
  6. huckleberry

    Roy G Guest

    "Peter R Hobson" <> wrote in message

    >> Can anyone tell me how to find the ICC or ICM colour profile for my new
    >> Acer AL1951 LCD monitor that I need to calibrate for use with
    >> Photoshop. Acer tell me they do not give out these details to members
    >> of the public, why I don't know. I also need the gamma, white spot and
    >> phospher settings.
    >>

    > Acer provide ICC profiles for many of their monitors (though I couldn't
    > quickly find the 1951) from their corporate ftp support sites! I do not
    > therefore understand the response you were given.

    > Professor Peter R Hobson
    > School of Engineering & Design
    > Brunel University, Uxbridge UB8 3PH G.B.

    Hi.

    Again don't know why, but I did read on an earlier posting that someone had
    just bought themselves an Eizo Flat Panel, then were told by Eizo that its
    settings were all locked, so it could not be calibrated by any means. If a
    Calibrate-able Display was needed, then they should have bought one from the
    dearer price range.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Mar 17, 2006
  7. huckleberry

    rafe b Guest

    "Roy G" <> wrote in message

    > Again don't know why, but I did read on an earlier posting that someone
    > had just bought themselves an Eizo Flat Panel, then were told by Eizo that
    > its settings were all locked, so it could not be calibrated by any means.
    > If a Calibrate-able Display was needed, then they should have bought one
    > from the dearer price range.

    And I believe that report was quickly debunked or
    retracted.

    When I profile my Samsung 213T LCD display, using
    a Gretag Eye-1, there is no place in that procedure
    that requres me to touch the monitor settings.

    By *choice* I reduce the monitor brightness before
    the profiling process. But I don't touch the monitor
    controls during or any time after the profile is made.

    rafe b
    www.terrapinphoto.com

    rafe b, Mar 17, 2006
  8. huckleberry

    Don Guest

    Rafe B

    are you happy with that particular monitor?

    regard

    Don from Down Under

    Don, Mar 18, 2006
  9. On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 03:47:25 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Don"
    <> wrote:

    >are you happy with that particular monitor?
    >Samsung 213T LCD

    I have one at work. Profiled with a Spyder. it's pretty good. I still
    prefer my crt iiyama VM512 at home though.
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Mar 18, 2006
  10. huckleberry

    rafe b Guest

    On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 03:47:25 GMT, "Don" <>
    wrote:

    [re: samsung 213T LCD monitor]

    >Rafe B
    >
    >are you happy with that particular monitor?

    Yes, quite.

    rafe b
    www.terrapinphoto.com

    rafe b, Mar 20, 2006