    the machine is running slow .

    i upgraded the ram to 3 gig.s

    thanks in advane . WALT
    walt, Mar 13, 2008

  2. walt

    Rôgêr Guest

    walt wrote:
    > hi . got this aspire am-1620 machine .
    >
    > i would like to know what acer programs i can remove , that i dont
    > need or use .
    >
    > the machine is running slow .
    >
    > i upgraded the ram to 3 gig.s

    Since I don't know what programs you have, it's hard to know for sure.
    But normally it's safe to remove any and all of the software that the
    computer company provides. Unless they have some diagnostics that a tech
    with Acer would need to access to help with a problem. But personally I
    get rid of all of it.
    Rôgêr, Mar 13, 2008

  3. walt

    walt Guest

    On Mar 12, 10:28�pm, R�g�r <> wrote:
    > walt wrote:
    > > hi . got this aspire am-1620 machine .

    > > i would like to know what acer programs i can remove , that i dont
    > > need or use .

    > > the machine is running slow .

    > > i upgraded the ram to 3 gig.s

    > Since I don't know what programs you have, it's hard to know for sure.
    > But normally it's safe to remove any and all of the software that the
    > computer company provides. Unless they have some diagnostics that a tech
    > with Acer would need to access to help with a problem. But personally I
    > get rid of all of it.

    here is what is in there ;

    ACER arcade live 378 mgb
    ACER assist 265 mgb
    ACER data security ( not installed )
    ACER empowering technology 122 mgb
    ACER game zone on-line
    ACER registration
    ACER system users guide
    uninstall ACER arcade live
    update ACER arcade live
    ACER motherboard support (brittish web site )
    ACER usb keyboard
    ACER game zone on-line
    http://ACER dt.oberon-media.com
    ACER tour 98mgb
    A LAUNCH
    also " ESOBI" what ever that is ?

    WALT
    walt, Mar 13, 2008
  4. walt

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:10:46 -0700 (PDT), walt wrote:

    >On Mar 12, 10:28?pm, R?g?r <> wrote:
    >> walt wrote:
    >> > hi . got this aspire am-1620 machine .

    >> > i would like to know what acer programs i can remove , that i dont
    >> > need or use .

    >> > the machine is running slow .

    >> > i upgraded the ram to 3 gig.s

    >> Since I don't know what programs you have, it's hard to know for sure.
    >> But normally it's safe to remove any and all of the software that the
    >> computer company provides. Unless they have some diagnostics that a tech
    >> with Acer would need to access to help with a problem. But personally I
    >> get rid of all of it.

    >here is what is in there ;
    >
    >ACER arcade live 378 mgb

    You may want different things to others. I would use Ghost/Acronis to
    backup the disk, check the backup worked.

    Then I would remove any

    games / arcade,
    dial up networking AOL etc
    supplied firewall
    supplied antivirus
    mcafee
    multiple works / word trials
    office app trials
    paint / graphics apps

    Put on Outpost FW, F-Prot AV, Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware for starters.

    However that's just me :)

    >ACER assist 265 mgb

    mgb?

    >ACER data security ( not installed )
    >ACER empowering technology 122 mgb
    >ACER game zone on-line
    >ACER registration
    >ACER system users guide
    >uninstall ACER arcade live
    >update ACER arcade live
    >ACER motherboard support (brittish web site )

    brittish :)

    >ACER usb keyboard
    >ACER game zone on-line
    >http://ACER dt.oberon-media.com
    >ACER tour 98mgb

    Do you need the tour demo stuff?

    >A LAUNCH
    >also " ESOBI" what ever that is ?

    www.google.com
    http://www.google.com/search?q=ESOBI
    eSobi
    With hundreds of RSS News Channels to choose from, you are guaranteed to
    find what you need. eSobi RSS aggregator keeps you well-informed, all
    the time. ...
    www.esobi.com/ - 19k - Cached - Similar pages

    >WALT

    Me