    can only connect my lap top in the 802.11 g mode. If i set the router
    to n only my acer laptop will not connect. It says it supports
    wireless N draft my router say it does wireless N version 2
    David Wells, Jan 15, 2010

  2. David Wells

    JD Guest

    On 15/01/2010 11:37 PM, David Wells wrote:
    > If any one else has this model have you been able to get it to do
    > wireless n connection. I have a cisco linksys wireless router and I
    > can only connect my lap top in the 802.11 g mode. If i set the router
    > to n only my acer laptop will not connect. It says it supports
    > wireless N draft my router say it does wireless N version 2

    if I remember correctly the N draft was a bit of a mess before it was an
    official standard companies were making there own version of it.

    so its possible if your devices are from different manufacturers they
    wont work properly together, find out what make your wireless adapter is
    in your laptop (device manager) and go to the manufacturers site and
    look for a driver update that might solve the problem.

    JD
    JD, Jan 16, 2010

  3. David Wells

    David Wells Guest

    On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 19:33:26 +0000, JD <> wrote:

    >On 15/01/2010 11:37 PM, David Wells wrote:
    >> If any one else has this model have you been able to get it to do
    >> wireless n connection. I have a cisco linksys wireless router and I
    >> can only connect my lap top in the 802.11 g mode. If i set the router
    >> to n only my acer laptop will not connect. It says it supports
    >> wireless N draft my router say it does wireless N version 2
    >>

    >if I remember correctly the N draft was a bit of a mess before it was an
    >official standard companies were making there own version of it.
    >
    >so its possible if your devices are from different manufacturers they
    >wont work properly together, find out what make your wireless adapter is
    >in your laptop (device manager) and go to the manufacturers site and
    >look for a driver update that might solve the problem.
    >
    >JD

    Thanks. Yes when to the acer web site and down loaded the latest
    driver for the wireless card that is in the unit and no help. Also
    downloaded the latest firm ware update for my cisco Linksys router
    still no joy. The router info say it is wireless N version 2. My acer
    Laptop says N draft so will just have to stick with 802.11 g for now
    seems very fast any way. I sent a e-mail to acer support and they said
    there techinicans were not experts in this field of wireless and could
    not help. What a joke find more help in the news groups.
    David Wells, Jan 16, 2010
  4. David Wells

    Baron Guest

    David Wells Inscribed thus:

    > On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 19:33:26 +0000, JD <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 15/01/2010 11:37 PM, David Wells wrote:
    >>> If any one else has this model have you been able to get it to do
    >>> wireless n connection. I have a cisco linksys wireless router and I
    >>> can only connect my lap top in the 802.11 g mode. If i set the
    >>> router
    >>> to n only my acer laptop will not connect. It says it supports
    >>> wireless N draft my router say it does wireless N version 2
    >>>

    >>if I remember correctly the N draft was a bit of a mess before it was
    >>an official standard companies were making there own version of it.
    >>
    >>so its possible if your devices are from different manufacturers they
    >>wont work properly together, find out what make your wireless adapter
    >>is in your laptop (device manager) and go to the manufacturers site
    >>and look for a driver update that might solve the problem.
    >>
    >>JD

    > Thanks. Yes when to the acer web site and down loaded the latest
    > driver for the wireless card that is in the unit and no help. Also
    > downloaded the latest firm ware update for my cisco Linksys router
    > still no joy. The router info say it is wireless N version 2. My acer
    > Laptop says N draft so will just have to stick with 802.11 g for now
    > seems very fast any way. I sent a e-mail to acer support and they said
    > there techinicans were not experts in this field of wireless and could
    > not help. What a joke find more help in the news groups.

    Basically the 7735Z does not support "N" You might have better luck
    with the manufacturer of the wireless card fitted in the machine.

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.
    Baron, Jan 16, 2010
  5. David Wells

    David Wells Guest

    On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 21:29:52 +0000, Baron
    <> wrote:

    >David Wells Inscribed thus:

    >>>if I remember correctly the N draft was a bit of a mess before it was
    >>>an official standard companies were making there own version of it.
    >>>
    >>>so its possible if your devices are from different manufacturers they
    >>>wont work properly together, find out what make your wireless adapter
    >>>is in your laptop (device manager) and go to the manufacturers site
    >>>and look for a driver update that might solve the problem.
    >>>
    >>>JD

    >> Thanks. Yes when to the acer web site and down loaded the latest
    >> driver for the wireless card that is in the unit and no help. Also
    >> downloaded the latest firm ware update for my cisco Linksys router
    >> still no joy. The router info say it is wireless N version 2. My acer
    >> Laptop says N draft so will just have to stick with 802.11 g for now
    >> seems very fast any way. I sent a e-mail to acer support and they said
    >> there techinicans were not experts in this field of wireless and could
    >> not help. What a joke find more help in the news groups.

    >Basically the 7735Z does not support "N" You might have better luck
    >with the manufacturer of the wireless card fitted in the machine.

    Yes have sent a e-mail to them re the wireless board. If it is just a
    plug in board it might be easy to replace it with a model from them
    that would work, Have to wait see what they say.
    David Wells, Jan 17, 2010
  6. David Wells

    Baron Guest

    David Wells Inscribed thus:

    > On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 21:29:52 +0000, Baron
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>David Wells Inscribed thus:

    >>> Thanks. Yes when to the acer web site and down loaded the latest
    >>> driver for the wireless card that is in the unit and no help. Also
    >>> downloaded the latest firm ware update for my cisco Linksys router
    >>> still no joy. The router info say it is wireless N version 2. My
    >>> acer Laptop says N draft so will just have to stick with 802.11 g
    >>> for now seems very fast any way. I sent a e-mail to acer support and
    >>> they said there techinicans were not experts in this field of
    >>> wireless and could not help. What a joke find more help in the news
    >>> groups.

    >>Basically the 7735Z does not support "N" You might have better luck
    >>with the manufacturer of the wireless card fitted in the machine.

    > Yes have sent a e-mail to them re the wireless board. If it is just a
    > plug in board it might be easy to replace it with a model from them
    > that would work, Have to wait see what they say.

    Yes, I think it is a standard card format.
    It would be interesting ! ;-)

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.
    Baron, Jan 18, 2010
  7. David Wells

    David Wells Guest

    On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 09:46:31 +0000, Baron
    <> wrote:

    >David Wells Inscribed thus:
    >
    >> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 21:29:52 +0000, Baron
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>David Wells Inscribed thus:

    >>>Basically the 7735Z does not support "N" You might have better luck
    >>>with the manufacturer of the wireless card fitted in the machine.

    >> Yes have sent a e-mail to them re the wireless board. If it is just a
    >> plug in board it might be easy to replace it with a model from them
    >> that would work, Have to wait see what they say.

    >Yes, I think it is a standard card format.
    >It would be interesting ! ;-)

    If I hear back from them will let you know
    david
    David Wells, Jan 18, 2010
  8. David Wells

    Baron Guest

    David Wells Inscribed thus:

    > On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 09:46:31 +0000, Baron
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>David Wells Inscribed thus:

    >>> Yes have sent a e-mail to them re the wireless board. If it is just
    >>> a plug in board it might be easy to replace it with a model from
    >>> them that would work, Have to wait see what they say.

    >>Yes, I think it is a standard card format.
    >>It would be interesting ! ;-)

    > If I hear back from them will let you know
    > david

    Thanks:
    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.
    Baron, Jan 18, 2010
  9. David Wells

    David Wells Guest

    On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 19:19:30 +0000, Baron
    <> wrote:

    >David Wells Inscribed thus:
    >
    >> On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 09:46:31 +0000, Baron
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>David Wells Inscribed thus:

    >>>Yes, I think it is a standard card format.
    >>>It would be interesting ! ;-)

    >> If I hear back from them will let you know
    >> david

    >Thanks:

    Well I did hear back from Areos wireless and they said they could not
    offer support as they just were the manufacture of the chips and slod
    them to people like Acer. They advised me to contact Acer. As stated
    in my poost I did that first and got the BS back about there
    Techinical support could not help me in this matter. So it appears I
    am just going to have live with 802.11 G with this lap top,

    Thank you all
    David Wells, Jan 20, 2010
  10. David Wells

    baron Guest

    David Wells Inscribed thus:

    > On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 19:19:30 +0000, Baron
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>David Wells Inscribed thus:

    >>> If I hear back from them will let you know
    >>> david

    >>Thanks:

    > Well I did hear back from Areos wireless and they said they could not
    > offer support as they just were the manufacture of the chips and slod
    > them to people like Acer. They advised me to contact Acer. As stated
    > in my poost I did that first and got the BS back about there
    > Techinical support could not help me in this matter. So it appears I
    > am just going to have live with 802.11 G with this lap top,
    >
    > Thank you all

    Hi David,

    What a copout !
    I did find a mention with respect to "N" about a requirement for
    multiple antenna, though nothing definite with respect to what the
    requirement specified.

    It seems that "N" at the moment is at the whim of the particular
    manufacturer, at least until the standard is fully ratified.

    Thanks for the feedback ! It confirms my conclusion that what is said
    on the box cant always be trusted.

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.