Acer Aspire 5002WMLi laptop drivers?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?VHVyaW9uNjRMYXB0b3A=?=, Dec 9, 2005.

  1. Hello.

    I've just acquired this laptop, and am interested in giving XP Pro x64 a
    whirl. I have re-partitioned the drive to add a partition I can party on,
    dual-boot-wise. I have downloaded the trial OS, but haven't installed it yet.

    Do any of these devices have XP64 drivers yet?

    Hard Drive: Toshiba MK1031GAS (100GB)
    Display: SiS M760GX
    DVD/CD-ROM: HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GCA-4080N
    Keyboard: Standard 101/102-Key or MS Natural PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse: Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad
    Modem: Agere Systems AC'97 Modem
    Network Adapters: Broadcom 802.11g, SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet
    Audio: Realtek AC'97

    Thanks for any tips.

    --
    Turion64Laptop
    Acer Aspire 5002WMLi

    =?Utf-8?B?VHVyaW9uNjRMYXB0b3A=?=, Dec 9, 2005

  2. You have identified the manufacturers, so check for x64 drivers -- and
    firmware updates for the DVD drive - on their websites.

    Dominic Payer, Dec 9, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VHVyaW9uNjRMYXB0b3A=?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php/t8657.html may help

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Dec 9, 2005
  4. Thanks, Barb. I found that thread very encouraging and helpful.

    --
    Turion64Laptop
    Acer Aspire 5002WMLi

    =?Utf-8?B?VHVyaW9uNjRMYXB0b3A=?=, Dec 10, 2005
  5. Woo-hoo! I got it installed, with only 3 devices banged-out: Wireless LAN,
    Audio, and the modem. The Ferrari 4000 drivers for the first two work fine,
    but not for the modem. This may not be an issue, if I never use the modem.
    Worst case, I'll boot into 32-bit XP for that.

    Display is not perfect. The driver only goes up to 1280x768, while the
    widescreen LCD is 1280x800. The image is sretched vertically, causing some
    messy text in Windows Explorer, etc. Is there a solution for this?

    I haven't tried any apps yet, but will soon, after I get all updates
    applied, and some anti-virus installed...

    --
    Turion64Laptop
    Acer Aspire 5002WMLi

    =?Utf-8?B?VHVyaW9uNjRMYXB0b3A=?=, Dec 11, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?VHVyaW9uNjRMYXB0b3A=?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    look around in the other Acer Notebook directories on the FTP site for
    64 bit drivers and see if they match the banged devices.. Don't have
    an answer on the display. Try planetamd64 for other drivers?

    Barb Bowman, Dec 11, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?VHVyaW9uNjRMYXB0b3A=?=

    Colin Nowell Guest

    If you haven't already got it, you'll need to go here
    http://www.sis.com/download/agreement.php?id=155868 and download the 64bit
    version of the driver (64vga365.zip) for your display adaptor... (be aware
    that you'll need to download an ActiveX control first which is the SiS
    Download Manager)

    Colin

    Colin Nowell, Dec 11, 2005