    compatible with vista os but upon plugging in it would not run b/c of
    some diagnostic reason HELP

    , Dec 5, 2008

  2. richard Guest

    On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 06:26:37 -0800 (PST), wrote:

    >does anyone know a webcam that is compatible with this laptop running
    >vista? bought a philips webcam yetserday that said it would be
    >compatible with vista os but upon plugging in it would not run b/c of
    >some diagnostic reason HELP

    Does the laptop have a builtin web cam? If it does, you might need to
    turn it off.

    richard, Dec 5, 2008

  3. propogated this using the googlegroups.com:

    > does anyone know a webcam that is compatible with this laptop running
    > vista? bought a philips webcam yetserday that said it would be
    > compatible with vista os but upon plugging in it would not run b/c of
    > some diagnostic reason HELP

    There is such a thing as "too much information"
    and then there is

    --

    I am Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , & I got the Christmas Spirit! <(*(}^%{>~*
    Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous Holiday Season! Yes, even

    http://congratulations-your-free-gift.notlong.com/

    Repent, the end is near! So... smoke'em if you got'em.

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 5, 2008
  4. On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 06:26:37 -0800, baileycole00 aided th' terraists with
    the following claims :

    > does anyone know a webcam that is compatible with this laptop running
    > vista? bought a philips webcam yetserday that said it would be
    > compatible with vista os but upon plugging in it would not run b/c of
    > some diagnostic reason HELP

    Teh TRAVELMATE 4720 has eight different configurations according to the
    acer website. Which one is yours?

    Its not listing an ASPIRE with the model of 4720.

    http://www.alternet.org

    §ñühwØ£f, Dec 5, 2008
  5. richard Guest

    On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 09:56:13 -0700, §ñühwØ£f <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 06:26:37 -0800, baileycole00 aided th' terraists with
    >the following claims :
    >
    >> does anyone know a webcam that is compatible with this laptop running
    >> vista? bought a philips webcam yetserday that said it would be
    >> compatible with vista os but upon plugging in it would not run b/c of
    >> some diagnostic reason HELP

    >Teh TRAVELMATE 4720 has eight different configurations according to the
    >acer website. Which one is yours?
    >
    >Its not listing an ASPIRE with the model of 4720.

    Maybe because that model is an export model?
    47202 appears to have been exported to Phillipines and Thawain.

    http://global.acer.com/products/notebook/as4720.htm

    richard, Dec 5, 2008
  6. richard wrote:
    > On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 09:56:13 -0700, §ñühwØ£f <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 06:26:37 -0800, baileycole00 aided th' terraists with
    >> the following claims :
    >>
    >>> does anyone know a webcam that is compatible with this laptop running
    >>> vista? bought a philips webcam yetserday that said it would be
    >>> compatible with vista os but upon plugging in it would not run b/c of
    >>> some diagnostic reason HELP

    >> Teh TRAVELMATE 4720 has eight different configurations according to the
    >> acer website. Which one is yours?
    >>
    >> Its not listing an ASPIRE with the model of 4720.

    > Maybe because that model is an export model?
    > 47202 appears to have been exported to Phillipines and Thawain.
    >
    > http://global.acer.com/products/notebook/as4720.htm

    If thats the case then the genius already *has* a built-in webcam:
    "The Aspire 4720 is a 14.1" entertainment PC with powerful Intel®
    Centrino® processor technology and a cool new
    chassis design. Featuring cutting-edge graphics options from both
    AMD/ATI1 and NVIDIA®1, plus ultra-realistic
    Dolby® Surround sound, this notebook is just right for the tech-savvy,
    budget-conscious consumer! What's more, the
    Acer Video Conference solution provides convenient, face-to-face video
    chatting capability. "

    Should we tell em its the little round thing in the middle of the screen
    at the top?

    :)

    §ñühw¤£f, Dec 5, 2008
  7. richard Guest

    On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 15:34:48 -0700, §ñühw¤£f <>
    wrote:

    >richard wrote:
    >> On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 09:56:13 -0700, §ñühwØ£f <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 06:26:37 -0800, baileycole00 aided th' terraists with
    >>> the following claims :

    >>> Teh TRAVELMATE 4720 has eight different configurations according to the
    >>> acer website. Which one is yours?
    >>>
    >>> Its not listing an ASPIRE with the model of 4720.

    >> Maybe because that model is an export model?
    >> 47202 appears to have been exported to Phillipines and Thawain.
    >>
    >> http://global.acer.com/products/notebook/as4720.htm
    >>

    >If thats the case then the genius already *has* a built-in webcam:
    >"The Aspire 4720 is a 14.1" entertainment PC with powerful Intel®
    >Centrino® processor technology and a cool new
    >chassis design. Featuring cutting-edge graphics options from both
    >AMD/ATI1 and NVIDIA®1, plus ultra-realistic
    >Dolby® Surround sound, this notebook is just right for the tech-savvy,
    >budget-conscious consumer! What's more, the
    >Acer Video Conference solution provides convenient, face-to-face video
    >chatting capability. "
    >
    >Should we tell em its the little round thing in the middle of the screen
    > at the top?
    >
    >:)

    I've got one on mine and it sucks.
    On mine, I can't record with it in anyway.
    That I know of.

    richard, Dec 6, 2008