    Any way to correct this or do I have to use the lower resolution?
    The monitor is Refurbished and I think there may be a driver available.
    Thank you.

    Lorenzo 1950, Jan 21, 2008

  2. Lorenzo 1950

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:25:38 -0500, "Lorenzo 1950"
    <lhale1950@............> wrote:

    >PC Dell 8200
    >Running Windows XP SP2
    >The suggested maximum resolution is 1440/900 pixels and Windows only goes up
    >to 1360/768 pixels.
    >Any way to correct this or do I have to use the lower resolution?
    >The monitor is Refurbished and I think there may be a driver available.
    >Thank you.

    You haven't installed the driver for the monitor?

    Well that could be the problem there...

    Evan Platt, Jan 21, 2008

  3. Lorenzo 1950

    Guest

    "Lorenzo 1950" <lhale1950@............> wrote:

    >PC Dell 8200
    >Running Windows XP SP2
    >The suggested maximum resolution is 1440/900 pixels and Windows only goes up
    >to 1360/768 pixels.
    >Any way to correct this or do I have to use the lower resolution?
    >The monitor is Refurbished and I think there may be a driver available.
    >Thank you.

    This would be your video card, it can't handle the higher resolution.
    --

    http://blueballmachineage9.ytmnd.com/

    , Jan 22, 2008
  4. Lorenzo 1950

    Lorenzo 1950 Guest

    Well it is plug and play and there was no disk or any instructions.
    I plugged it in and set up the highest resolution possible.

    Lorenzo 1950, Jan 22, 2008
  5. Lorenzo 1950

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Lorenzo 1950
    <lhale1950@............> wrote:

    > PC Dell 8200
    > Running Windows XP SP2
    > The suggested maximum resolution is 1440/900 pixels and Windows only goes up
    > to 1360/768 pixels.
    > Any way to correct this or do I have to use the lower resolution?
    > The monitor is Refurbished and I think there may be a driver available.
    > Thank you.

    Once you install the proper software for that monitor, you simply MUST
    be able to select the native resolution.
    I seriously do not understand why people are still trying to use any
    Windows OS.

    Mitch, Jan 22, 2008
  6. Lorenzo 1950

    PeeCee Guest

    "Lorenzo 1950" <lhale1950@............> wrote in message
    > PC Dell 8200
    > Running Windows XP SP2
    > The suggested maximum resolution is 1440/900 pixels and Windows only goes
    > up to 1360/768 pixels.
    > Any way to correct this or do I have to use the lower resolution?
    > The monitor is Refurbished and I think there may be a driver available.
    > Thank you.

    Lorenzo

    Sometimes the native resolution of your screen won't show up unless the
    screens .inf file is installed.
    Plug & Pray doesn't allways communicate all the details correctly so it
    would be best to head to the LCD makers website and get the screens .inf
    (drivers if you like) file.

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Jan 22, 2008
  7. Mitch wrote:

    > In article <>, Lorenzo 1950
    > <lhale1950@............> wrote:
    >
    >> PC Dell 8200
    >> Running Windows XP SP2
    >> The suggested maximum resolution is 1440/900 pixels and Windows only
    >> goes up to 1360/768 pixels.
    >> Any way to correct this or do I have to use the lower resolution? The
    >> monitor is Refurbished and I think there may be a driver available.
    >> Thank you.
    >>

    > Once you install the proper software for that monitor, you simply MUST be
    > able to select the native resolution. I seriously do not understand why
    > people are still trying to use any Windows OS.

    I just got a new monitor. Naturally, there were no drivers for Linux. I
    plugged it in and Linux/X happily provided 1920x1200 for it.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 22, 2008
  8. Lorenzo 1950

    Steve Guest

    On Jan 22, 6:25 am, "Lorenzo 1950" <lhale1950@............> wrote:
    > PC Dell 8200
    > Running Windows XP SP2
    > The suggested maximum resolution is 1440/900 pixels and Windows only goes up
    > to 1360/768 pixels.
    > Any way to correct this or do I have to use the lower resolution?
    > The monitor is Refurbished and I think there may be a driver available.
    > Thank you.

    Install the drivers for your video card. I had the same problems with
    mine and an ATI radeon 9550. I had the basic ATI drivers installed,
    but couldn't get the proper 1440x900 resolution. So I went back online
    and downloaded the full ATI driver package for the video card.
    Installed that, and was finally able to get the 1440x900 resolution.

    By the way. I also used this monitor on my 5-year old Apple Powerbook.
    That's an old NVIDIA GeForce 2. It was able to do 1440x900 right away,
    no problems whatsoever. The same went for my iMac. Why am I using the
    monitor on the PC then? Well, it's not my PC and it's not my monitor -
    it's the in-laws'. I'm a mac user all the way and I've never looked
    back. My computers allow me to get the job done and I don't need to be
    a slave to them. Happy happy.

    Steve, Feb 17, 2008