    BCT120
    U647088D

    Is there someone who could help me ? :)
    JT, Jan 31, 2004

  2. JT

    colin Guest

    JT <> wrote in message
    news:74OSb.131$...
    > Hi
    >
    > I got this old laptop and was updating bios.. well, ofcourse the system
    > halted. My only chance was to reboot the machine and nothing happened.
    > Screen is blank and it wont boot from hd / fdd
    >
    > Is there some kind of solution to recover the bios ?
    >
    > The bios is a intel chip and i says on the top of it ...
    > E28F002
    > BCT120
    > U647088D
    >
    > Is there someone who could help me ? :)

    look for a jumper reset for your bios, (to clear the previous bios)
    colin, Jan 31, 2004

  3. JT

    JT Guest

    I ment i was flashing the bios so the jumper (reset to default) wont help
    btw, there aint any ... :(

    JT, Jan 31, 2004
  4. JT

    Thor Guest

    Your done. Send it to the manufacturer for repair. Unless they are willing
    to send you a new BIOS chip (assuming it is socketed to begin with), and you
    are willing to attempt disassembly of the laptop.

    Thor, Jan 31, 2004
  5. JT

    JT Guest

    Well, this bios is not socketed ... so i guess they are not willing to send
    me a new bios ship ? ( hard to answer ... i know ... )
    I already have tried to contact Acer's customer service (twice) but no reply
    yet ... hopefully soon they will answer ...

    I hope someone have this laptop (broken one) and can send me the bios ship
    from it (reward) !!!

    JT, Jan 31, 2004