ACDSee Pro2 - Installation Question

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by BRH, Nov 7, 2007.

  1. BRH

    BRH Guest

    A few weeks ago, I downloaded and installed the 30-day trial of ACDSee
    Pro2. Since I liked what I saw, I began building a database of my
    photos with the intent to buy the full version (download) at the end of
    the trial period.

    Well, in the meantime, I received the full version on CD as a gift. Now
    I want to the trial version to the full version. However, I can't find
    anywhere to enter the registration code to convert the trial to a full
    version. So, I tried re-installing from the CD, over the existing
    installation. Unfortunately, it still didn't prompt me for the
    registration code during this process, so my installation still is
    listed as a trial version that will expire in a few days.

    I've considered completely uninstalling the trial and then installing
    from the CD, but I don't want to lose my database.

    ACDSee has not responded to my e-mails about this. So -- can someone
    suggest how I can upgrade my installed trial version to a fully
    registered version without risking the loss of my database?

    Thanks!
    BRH, Nov 7, 2007

  2. BRH

    Paul Furman Guest

    BRH wrote:
    > A few weeks ago, I downloaded and installed the 30-day trial of ACDSee
    > Pro2. Since I liked what I saw, I began building a database of my
    > photos with the intent to buy the full version (download) at the end of
    > the trial period.
    >
    > Well, in the meantime, I received the full version on CD as a gift. Now
    > I want to the trial version to the full version. However, I can't find
    > anywhere to enter the registration code to convert the trial to a full
    > version. So, I tried re-installing from the CD, over the existing
    > installation. Unfortunately, it still didn't prompt me for the
    > registration code during this process, so my installation still is
    > listed as a trial version that will expire in a few days.
    >
    > I've considered completely uninstalling the trial and then installing
    > from the CD, but I don't want to lose my database.
    >
    > ACDSee has not responded to my e-mails about this. So -- can someone
    > suggest how I can upgrade my installed trial version to a fully
    > registered version without risking the loss of my database?

    No guarantees but just search the ACD folder for *.* & copy the one
    large file with the recent modified date. I know deleting that file
    cleans the database :)
    Paul Furman, Nov 7, 2007

  3. BRH

    Swiss Tony Guest

    <BRH> wrote in message news:...
    >A few weeks ago, I downloaded and installed the 30-day trial of ACDSee
    >Pro2. Since I liked what I saw, I began building a database of my photos
    >with the intent to buy the full version (download) at the end of the trial
    >period.
    >
    > Well, in the meantime, I received the full version on CD as a gift. Now I
    > want to the trial version to the full version. However, I can't find
    > anywhere to enter the registration code to convert the trial to a full
    > version. So, I tried re-installing from the CD, over the existing
    > installation. Unfortunately, it still didn't prompt me for the
    > registration code during this process, so my installation still is listed
    > as a trial version that will expire in a few days.
    >
    > I've considered completely uninstalling the trial and then installing from
    > the CD, but I don't want to lose my database.
    >
    > ACDSee has not responded to my e-mails about this. So -- can someone
    > suggest how I can upgrade my installed trial version to a fully registered
    > version without risking the loss of my database?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Maybe this will help you.
    http://www.acdsee.com/support/knowledgebase/article?id=2000
    Swiss Tony, Nov 7, 2007
  4. BRH

    BRH Guest

    Swiss Tony wrote:
    > <BRH> wrote in message news:...
    >
    >>A few weeks ago, I downloaded and installed the 30-day trial of ACDSee
    >>Pro2. Since I liked what I saw, I began building a database of my photos
    >>with the intent to buy the full version (download) at the end of the trial
    >>period.
    >>
    >>Well, in the meantime, I received the full version on CD as a gift. Now I
    >>want to the trial version to the full version. However, I can't find
    >>anywhere to enter the registration code to convert the trial to a full
    >>version. So, I tried re-installing from the CD, over the existing
    >>installation. Unfortunately, it still didn't prompt me for the
    >>registration code during this process, so my installation still is listed
    >>as a trial version that will expire in a few days.
    >>
    >>I've considered completely uninstalling the trial and then installing from
    >>the CD, but I don't want to lose my database.
    >>
    >>ACDSee has not responded to my e-mails about this. So -- can someone
    >>suggest how I can upgrade my installed trial version to a fully registered
    >>version without risking the loss of my database?
    >>
    >>Thanks!

    > Maybe this will help you.
    > http://www.acdsee.com/support/knowledgebase/article?id=2000

    That was it exactly! Thanks, Tony!
    BRH, Nov 7, 2007
  5. BRH

    Swiss Tony Guest

    <BRH> wrote in message news:p...
    > That was it exactly! Thanks, Tony!

    11:06pm, I finally did my good deed for the day :)
    Swiss Tony, Nov 7, 2007