ACCPAC Accounting software for Linux

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by steve, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. steve

    steve Guest

    The main news here is that this accounting software for Linux is now locally
    sold and supported - in NZ.

    In recent months, several people have asked about business-oriented Linux
    software options. I wasn't aware of this one, though I had definitely
    heard of ACCPAC accounting software.

    Steve

    Good afternoon,

    GlobalTech Solutions (www.globaltechnz.com) are a Diamond Partner for ACCPAC
    Solutions (www.accpac.com) in New Zealand with a presence in both
    Christchurch, Nelson and Auckland (with clients all over New Zealand).

    As per the Press Release below the ACCPAC solutions are one of the few
    financial systems available for Linux systems.

    We would like to discuss with you the opportunity to market to the New
    Zealand Linux users to educate them about the offerings that ACCPAC has.

    Can you please advise if you are able to assist us or if you can provide the
    best way for us to do this.

    Regards,
    Michelle

    ACCPAC EXTENDS LINUX STRATEGY WITH PRO SERIES FOR LINUX

    Oakland, CA, 06/11/2002
    "Source-on-Source" Solution Offers Ultimate in Customizable Financial
    Management Systems for Mid-Market Enterprises
    ACCPAC International, Inc., a subsidiary of Computer Associates
    International, Inc. (NYSE: CA), today announced the availability of the
    full line of ACCPAC Pro Series financial management applications for the
    Linux operating system. ACCPAC Pro Series is a fully "source code
    available" product suite for the mid-market enterprise. Pro Series for
    Linux is the first mid-market focused, source-available financial
    management system for the operating system from a tier one vendor.

    More and more, our clients are looking to run their business applications on
    Linux, said ACCPAC President and CEO David M. Hood. The release of Pro
    Series for Linux answers that call and further extends ACCPAC's leading
    position in bringing the best mid-market business solutions to this
    increasingly popular platform.?

    Long recognized for its speed and customizability, ACCPAC Pro Series is an
    industry leading mid-market accounting solution used by more than 30,000
    businesses, in part because it is available with complete source code -
    providing unsurpassed flexibility. Available modules include general
    ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, order entry, inventory
    control, purchase orders, US payroll, job cost, multicurrency,
    customization manager, report writer, and system manager. Pro Series
    integrates out-of-the-box with other components of the ACCPAC end-to-end
    e-business product offerings including ACCPAC Warehouse Management System
    and ACCPAC eTransact. Integration with ACCPAC eCRM is in development.

    Linux use continues to grow for companies of all sizes. According to IDC
    (2001) in their report Linux: A Journey Into the Enterprise, Linux use is
    currently estimated to be primarily within companies with under 1,000
    employees. Of the total estimated number of Linux sites, 23% have between
    100 and 999 employees while 48% have fewer than 100 employees. These
    companies are typical mid-market sized organizations for which ACCPAC Pro
    Series is designed.

    "We've had great success with our Linux-based ACCPAC Pro Series solutions,"
    said C. Darryl Mattison, President of ACCPAC Solution Provider CDM
    Associates Inc., a part of the WAC Consulting Group. CDM already has over a
    dozen Linux-based installations of ACCPAC Pro Series at clients throughout
    the greater Syracuse, NY area. "The stability, the reliability, and the
    cost effectiveness of this combination are ideal for our small and
    mid-sized clients. I am excited to see ACCPAC continue its leadership
    position within the Linux marketplace."

    ACCPAC Pro Series and SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server are the ideal platform
    for a client's mission-critical business management applications,? said
    Holger Dyroff, head of US Sales, SUSE Inc., one of the world's leading
    providers of complete solutions based on the Linux open source operating
    system Linux. Both Linux and Pro Series offer unlimited modifiability
    through source code to empower clients, as well as industry leading
    security, scalability, and reliability. Pro Series deployed on SUSE LINUX
    should be on everyone?s shortlist.

    ACCPAC Pro Series joins ACCPAC Advantage Series as the only mid-market
    financial software for the Linux environment available f

    --
    defenestrate: The act of replacing Windows on your PC with some other
    operating system.

    steve, Oct 14, 2003

  2. steve

    me here Guest

    Try GNUCASH (http://www.gnucash.org/) It is free, well supported and has
    very good reviews. It is also only available for Linux.

    Gavin

    me here, Oct 14, 2003

  3. steve

    steve Guest

    me here allegedly said:

    > Try GNUCASH (http://www.gnucash.org/) It is free, well supported and has
    > very good reviews. It is also only available for Linux.
    >
    > Gavin

    It's not suitable for a medium-sized business, though.

    You can't do payroll....for example :)

    steve, Oct 15, 2003
  4. steve

    me here Guest

    steve wrote:
    > me here allegedly said:
    >

    >>Try GNUCASH (http://www.gnucash.org/) It is free, well supported and has
    >>very good reviews. It is also only available for Linux.
    >>
    >>Gavin

    > It's not suitable for a medium-sized business, though.
    >
    > You can't do payroll....for example :)

    I did come across another web based accounting package, sql-ledger
    (http://www.sql-ledger.org) that seemed quite extensive. Never trialled
    though.

    Gavin

    me here, Oct 15, 2003