    suppliers.

    Looking forward to your replies
    NZed
    NZed, Oct 7, 2003

  2. NZed

    BTMO Guest

    "NZed" <> wrote

    > Looking to upgrade my old version of MYOB up to somthing else...MYOB v12 ?
    > What other options are out there ?
    > Now importing goods in US currency and have a few staff.
    > Interested to hear your thoughts on what you are using and service from

    the
    > suppliers.
    >
    > Looking forward to your replies

    I have just bought MYOB Accounting V12.

    I love it. Every day I learn something new.

    I had no experience with it before I brought it home, but it always got good
    reviews, so I decided to give it a go. This of course means I can't tell you
    if it is an improvement on what you have.

    I do however find it pretty flexible and usable. The learning curve isn't
    too bad I picked it all up in a weekend - I suspect it would have been
    easier if I had bothered to read the manual...

    Cheers,

    Brenton
    BTMO, Oct 7, 2003

  3. NZed

    Matt B Guest

    In news:1hvgb.6702$,
    NZed <> wrote:
    > Looking to upgrade my old version of MYOB up to somthing else...MYOB
    > v12 ? What other options are out there ?
    > Now importing goods in US currency and have a few staff.
    > Interested to hear your thoughts on what you are using and service
    > from the suppliers.

    If you need multiple currencies you'll need Plus v6. If you want to check
    out some very cool NZ software check out Moneyworks - also Cognito are
    _much_ more approachable IMHO.
    --
    Regards,

    Matt B
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people.
    Those who get binary...
    And those who don't.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Matt B, Oct 7, 2003
  4. "NZed" <> wrote in message
    > Looking to upgrade my old version of MYOB up to somthing else...MYOB v12 ?
    > What other options are out there ?
    > Now importing goods in US currency and have a few staff.
    > Interested to hear your thoughts on what you are using and service from

    the
    > suppliers.
    >
    > Looking forward to your replies
    > NZed

    Checkout this NZ developed program
    http://www.ezyaz.com/BizEzy.aspx

    Pretty good at importing off your banks websites, and very fast to code
    transactions to different things
    Nathan Mercer, Oct 21, 2003
  5. NZed

    Lennier Guest

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:40:27 +1300, Nathan Mercer wrote:

    > Checkout this NZ developed program
    > http://www.ezyaz.com/BizEzy.aspx
    >
    > Pretty good at importing off your banks websites, and very fast to code
    > transactions to different things

    Does it run under Linux? If not, then it's useless.

    Lennier
    Lennier, Oct 21, 2003
  6. NZed

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Lennier" wrote
    > > Checkout this NZ developed program
    > > http://www.ezyaz.com/BizEzy.aspx

    > Does it run under Linux? If not, then it's useless.

    Why is it useless if it doesnt run under Linux?
    I dont see anything in the original post to suggest Linux only.(Granted, I
    havent seen the original post, only the replies)

    Stop being a complete arse and try not to be so abrasive too.
    T.N.O., Oct 21, 2003
  7. NZed

    Paul Mathews Guest

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:15:07 +1300, Lennier <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:40:27 +1300, Nathan Mercer wrote:
    >
    >> Checkout this NZ developed program
    >> http://www.ezyaz.com/BizEzy.aspx
    >>
    >> Pretty good at importing off your banks websites, and very fast to code
    >> transactions to different things

    >Does it run under Linux? If not, then it's useless.
    >
    >Lennier

    F off you Lunix Troll..

    No Its you that is Useless.
    Paul Mathews, Oct 21, 2003
  8. NZed

    Lennier Guest

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:33:10 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:

    >> Does it run under Linux? If not, then it's useless.

    > Why is it useless if it doesnt run under Linux?

    Well, if it doesn't run under Linux, then I, for one, wouldn't be able to
    use it.

    I no longer buy non-Linux programmes nor Windows Applications.

    Lennier
    Lennier, Oct 21, 2003
  9. On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:33:10 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:

    > Why is it useless if it doesnt run under Linux?

    Well for starters, I don't have a windows machine in my house at all.

    A mac, yes. SGI, yes. Solaris, Yes. Windows NO.
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Oct 21, 2003
  10. NZed

    Lennier Guest

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:48:38 +0200, Uncle StoatWarbler wrote:

    > On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:33:10 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:
    >
    >> Why is it useless if it doesnt run under Linux?

    > Well for starters, I don't have a windows machine in my house at all.
    >
    > A mac, yes. SGI, yes. Solaris, Yes. Windows NO.

    Solaris? That's an expensive wee machine to have domestic.

    Or is it in commercial use, based at your home?

    Just curious...

    Lennier
    Lennier, Oct 21, 2003
  11. NZed

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Lennier" wrote
    > Solaris? That's an expensive wee machine to have domestic.

    Solaris x86 free for personal use.
    google it.
    T.N.O., Oct 21, 2003
  12. NZed

    Brian Harmer Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:15:28 +1300, "George Black" <>
    wrote:

    >"Lennier" <> wrote in message

    >: Does it run under Linux? If not, then it's useless.
    >:
    >It would if you had the ability to rewrite the -open source code- so
    >it would run the program...
    >Or is that beyond your ability which seems to only extend to petulant
    >anti windows posts?

    I noticed yesterday that Unisys is pulling out of mainframes to
    concentrate on high end Windows servers. I wonder what they know that
    Lennier doesn't?

    George Black, Oct 21, 2003
  14. NZed

    harry Guest

    "Brian Harmer" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:15:28 +1300, "George Black" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >"Lennier" <> wrote in message

    > >: Does it run under Linux? If not, then it's useless.
    > >:
    > >It would if you had the ability to rewrite the -open source code- so
    > >it would run the program...
    > >Or is that beyond your ability which seems to only extend to petulant
    > >anti windows posts?

    > I noticed yesterday that Unisys is pulling out of mainframes to
    > concentrate on high end Windows servers. I wonder what they know that
    > Lennier doesn't?

    Its a tribute to their PR that you think that this is due to an increase in
    their established Windows server business rather than a reduction in the
    mainframe market
    harry, Oct 21, 2003
  15. In article <pan.2003.10.21.12.33.24.231431@TRACKER>, Lennier <> wrote:
    >On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:33:10 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:
    >
    >>> Does it run under Linux? If not, then it's useless.

    >> Why is it useless if it doesnt run under Linux?

    >Well, if it doesn't run under Linux, then I, for one, wouldn't be able to
    >use it.

    That makes it useless for you, not useless :)

    >I no longer buy non-Linux programmes nor Windows Applications.

    Likewise ... but that doesn't make everything else useless, does it
    :)

    Bruce

    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 22, 2003
  16. On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 06:28:24 +1300, Lennier wrote:

    > Solaris? That's an expensive wee machine to have domestic.

    It's a cast-off ultra60.

    The SGIs are r4ks.
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Oct 22, 2003
  17. Out from under a rock popped Uncle StoatWarbler and said

    > On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 06:28:24 +1300, Lennier wrote:
    >
    >> Solaris? That's an expensive wee machine to have domestic.

    > It's a cast-off ultra60.
    >
    > The SGIs are r4ks.

    Are you back in country or actually in foreign climes as your headers
    suggest?
    Robert Singers, Oct 22, 2003
  18. Out from under a rock popped Brian Harmer and said

    > I noticed yesterday that Unisys is pulling out of mainframes to
    > concentrate on high end Windows servers. I wonder what they know that
    > Lennier doesn't?

    Noticed where? Both ES7000s and Clearpath mainframes are selling well.
    It's simply horses for courses. Some outfits want to go down the track of
    shrinkwrapped products, and for some of these the ES7000s are the best
    course, as they can be either a mainframe or a Windows based server.
    Robert Singers, Oct 22, 2003
  19. >
    > Does it run under Linux? If not, then it's useless.

    If you're interested in accounting software that runs under Linux, then I
    can help out.

    Gareth
    Gareth Bezett, Oct 22, 2003
  20. NZed

    Brian Harmer Guest

    On 21 Oct 2003 23:46:55 GMT, Robert Singers
    <> wrote:

    >Out from under a rock popped Brian Harmer and said
    >
    >> I noticed yesterday that Unisys is pulling out of mainframes to
    >> concentrate on high end Windows servers. I wonder what they know that
    >> Lennier doesn't?

    >Noticed where? Both ES7000s and Clearpath mainframes are selling well.
    >It's simply horses for courses. Some outfits want to go down the track of
    >shrinkwrapped products, and for some of these the ES7000s are the best
    >course, as they can be either a mainframe or a Windows based server.

    It was some sort of news item (which I didn't retain) at the bottom of
    yesterday's edition of Aardvark.
    Brian Harmer, Oct 22, 2003