    accounting packets for failed calls too?

    Thx in advance

    Arnaud

    Burzum, Jun 21, 2006

  2. Burzum

    PepeRdguez Guest

    Burzum ha escrito:

    > gentlemen,
    >
    > I use several cisco 5300 remote access servers.
    > My radius accounting is correctly setupped but the RAS only send
    > accounting packets for SUCCESSFULL calls. How can I change it to send
    > accounting packets for failed calls too?
    >
    > Thx in advance
    >
    > Arnaud

    This is just a clue
    I guess failed calls aren't accounting but error matter.
    A failed call can be trapped and sent to a management center using SNMP
    As a caller user is not wholly identified in a failed call radius
    can't charge any thing to it.
    I apologize since its not what you're waiting for, but this is my
    point of view
    Regards
    Pepe Rodríguez

    PepeRdguez, Jun 22, 2006

  3. Burzum

    Burzum Guest

    hmm well it would probably work but would not be the most appropriate
    way for me.
    70% of my RAS are 3 com total controls and 30% are cisco. So I m rather
    looking for a same way to monitor failed call for all RASed cisco and
    3com.

    All of the RAS work with the same radius software. The 3com RAS handle
    failed calls perfectly but the cisco ones just do not send any packets.

    For instance, here s what the 3com RAS forward in case of failed calls:

    Thu Jun 22 16:05:36 2006
    User-Name = "unauthenticated"
    NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.15.10
    Acct-Status-Type = Stop
    Acct-Session-Id = "18678383"
    Acct-Delay-Time = 0
    Service-Type = Annex-Framed-Tunnel
    NAS-Port-Type = Async
    NAS-Port = 286
    Calling-Station-Id = ""
    Called-Station-Id = "033854212538"
    Acct-Session-Time = 61
    Acct-Terminate-Cause = Lost-Carrier
    Acct-Input-Octets = 0
    Acct-Output-Octets = 0
    Timestamp = 1150985136

    I m pretty sure there s a way to activate accounting for failed calls
    on cisco too but can t find it anywhere...

    Burzum, Jun 22, 2006