    Clients:Windows 2000 Professional + SP4

    Regards,

    Tayfun Keresteci

    Tayfun Keresteci, Dec 3, 2003

  2. Tayfun Keresteci

    Dave Guest

    Tayfun
    you can run a query using dsquery and pipe it to dsmod to search for and
    disable accounts not used for x days. I don't think you can use this to
    delete accounts.

    syntax is something like dsquery user -inactive 9 (weeks) | dsmod
    user -disabled yes

    you'll have to test the syntax

    Dave

    Dave, Dec 3, 2003

  3. Tayfun Keresteci

    Jose Guest

    You can set an account expire date..& account will be removed, don't know if
    you can check if used then delete automatically

    Jose

    Jose, Dec 3, 2003
  4. Tayfun Keresteci

    MCSE World Guest

    Using the tools only supplied with Windows, no not automatically. Your best
    bet is to script it as Dave pointed out....however these are all Windows
    Server 2003 tools that he mentions.

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    MCSE World, Dec 3, 2003
  5. Tayfun Keresteci

    Dave Guest

    An expired account isn't deleted.

    Dave, Dec 3, 2003
  6. Tayfun Keresteci

    Grog in Ohio Guest

    There's no automagic way to do this that I know of. I used the below script
    and tweaked it to output to a file and hardcoded my domain name in. The
    outputted text file is loaded into Excel and sorted. Then I manually
    disabled stale ID's.

    http://www.myitforum.com/articles/11/view.asp?id=2960

    Grog

    Grog in Ohio, Dec 3, 2003