account request

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by harryph, Apr 30, 2004.

  1. harryph

    harryph Guest

    hi all, am working as helpdesk for network with 340 users,
    im on my own as the helpdesk having to lo0ok after active
    directory, the company has a very high employee turn over,
    in the region of 2 people for every job pa, and as a
    company is constantly growing, was hoping someone could
    help he out with a couple of things, firstly at the moment
    when a employee starts one of there colleagues rings me
    asking for an account to be setup I always tell them to
    email me with there name what access is required, if reads
    or write and if email and internet is required and a
    description of what they will be used for, I normally get
    an email back like so; could you setup a pc account for
    John Doe he needs access to warehouse qa and qa doc and
    will need email and internet. i would like to be able to
    setup something like a template that the employee has to
    get filled out and approved by the department manager
    before I Evan know there's a new employee started, any
    ideas of how i could set this up, was thinking of using an
    outlook public folder with a form template posted but evan
    then will they be able to fill in this form and send it
    without saving changes to the form or deleting it. Anyone
    have any better ideas I'm sure there must be a better way
    to manage this, thanks all

    P.S. have been in the job about 12months have 70-210 and
    am going for 290 in week,
    harryph, Apr 30, 2004

  2. harryph

    Bob Holmes Guest

    I've designed Outlook forms to do things like this. The form gets published
    to your Organizational Forms Library and everyone will have access to it.
    They fill it in and send it. Have your email address hard-coded into the
    form, if you want, so that it gets sent directly to you. You can build code
    into the form that will save all of the information to a database.
    If you can find an Outlook book by Sue Mosher, you'll have it done in no
    time.
    --
    Bob Holmes MCNGP #31

    Bob Holmes, Apr 30, 2004

  3. harryph

    Andy Foster Guest

    "harryph" <> wrote in message
    > hi all, am working as helpdesk for network with 340 users,
    > im on my own as the helpdesk having to lo0ok after active
    > directory, the company has a very high employee turn over,
    > in the region of 2 people for every job pa, and as a
    > company is constantly growing, was hoping someone could
    > help he out with a couple of things, firstly at the moment
    > when a employee starts one of there colleagues rings me
    > asking for an account to be setup I always tell them to
    > email me with there name what access is required, if reads
    > or write and if email and internet is required and a
    > description of what they will be used for, I normally get
    > an email back like so; could you setup a pc account for
    > John Doe he needs access to warehouse qa and qa doc and
    > will need email and internet. i would like to be able to
    > setup something like a template that the employee has to
    > get filled out and approved by the department manager
    > before I Evan know there's a new employee started, any
    > ideas of how i could set this up, was thinking of using an
    > outlook public folder with a form template posted but evan
    > then will they be able to fill in this form and send it
    > without saving changes to the form or deleting it. Anyone
    > have any better ideas I'm sure there must be a better way
    > to manage this, thanks all
    >
    > P.S. have been in the job about 12months have 70-210 and
    > am going for 290 in week,

    Don't forget to breathe
    Andy Foster, Apr 30, 2004
  4. harryph

    Neil Guest

    "Bob Holmes" <> wrote in news:u2DpfpsLEHA.3956
    @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

    start at her website www.slipstick.com (she's great)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Apr 30, 2004
  5. harryph

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Andy Foster" <> wrote in news:c6tsjs
    $g8enp$-berlin.de:

    > Don't forget to breathe

    and close your eyes and stick your finger in the dike.

    Rowdy Yates
    --
    "the man who tried and failed miserably"
    Rowdy Yates, Apr 30, 2004
  6. harryph

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "Andy Foster" <> wrote in message