    all held at the Domain level. Now I do have my Computers in their own OU
    with a GP enabled but the policy is the same. Anyone know where to start
    looking for issues?
    Hollywood0728, Sep 8, 2008

  2. Hollywood0728

    Wayne Guest

    From the gpmc run the Group Policy Results wizard and see what the Winning
    GPO is. Refer to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc780305.aspx
    for more detail.

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz
    MCNGP Silver

    Wayne, Sep 9, 2008

  3. Hollywood0728

    catwalker63 Guest

    "Wayne" <> prattled ceaselessly in

    > From the gpmc run the Group Policy Results wizard and see what the
    > Winning GPO is. Refer to
    > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc780305.aspx for more
    > detail.
    >
    > Wayne McGlinn
    > Brisbane, Oz
    > MCNGP Silver
    >
    > "Hollywood0728" <> wrote in message
    >> Ok, I must be drunk, but something weird is going on with my Account
    >> password
    >> policy. After I reset a users password and select that they have to
    >> change
    >> it, it prompts them that the password needs to be 8 characters long,
    >> no repeats of last 24 passwords and must be 0 days old. I dont have
    >> it setup that way?? The only thing I have set up on password policy
    >> is 8 characters
    >> long, so that works. I have complexity disabled so it knows that. I
    >> have max password age to 0 which means never expires and min to 1
    >> day.....this is
    >> all held at the Domain level. Now I do have my Computers in their
    >> own OU with a GP enabled but the policy is the same. Anyone know
    >> where to start looking for issues?

    FYI: The password policy can only be set on the domain level in a domain
    so only policies that are defined at this level will aply and the last
    one that applies, wins.

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43
    catwalker63, Sep 9, 2008
  4. But what if the OU blocks inheritance? Could that cause a problem?

    Hollywood0728, Sep 9, 2008
  5. Hollywood0728

    catwalker63 Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?SG9sbHl3b29kMDcyOA==?= <> prattled
    ceaselessly in news::

    > But what if the OU blocks inheritance? Could that cause a problem?
    >
    > "catwalker63" wrote:
    >
    >> "Wayne" <> prattled ceaselessly in
    >>
    >> > From the gpmc run the Group Policy Results wizard and see what the
    >> > Winning GPO is. Refer to
    >> > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc780305.aspx for more
    >> > detail.
    >> >
    >> > Wayne McGlinn
    >> > Brisbane, Oz
    >> > MCNGP Silver
    >> >
    >> > "Hollywood0728" <> wrote in message
    >> >

    >> FYI: The password policy can only be set on the domain level in a
    >> domain so only policies that are defined at this level will aply and
    >> the last one that applies, wins.

    Password Policy can't be blocked. The OU has absolutely not power over
    Password Policy in any way, shape, or form.

    catwalker63, Sep 9, 2008
  6. So what if you remove the GPO from the domain level? Where does the domain
    get its instructions from at that point?

    Hollywood0728, Sep 9, 2008
  7. Hollywood0728

    catwalker63 Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?SG9sbHl3b29kMDcyOA==?= <> prattled
    ceaselessly in news::

    > So what if you remove the GPO from the domain level? Where does the
    > domain get its instructions from at that point?

    <snip>

    Then you have no policy defined for Password Policy.

    catwalker63, Sep 9, 2008
  8. Hollywood0728

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Ok, I must be drunk,