    they enter the correct password and there are some after restarting their
    workstation they automatically lockout. This happen everyday since we apply
    this policy. Is there a way to correct this?
    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=, Oct 19, 2005

  2. Look to see if:

    a> That account is logged onto another PC in the domain, and the password
    has changed, or
    b> The account is used as a service on another PC in the domain.

    --
    RL (I like to guess) Coppedge, MCSE/MCDBA/MCT
    NorthEast Ohio

    RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCDBA/MCT, Oct 19, 2005

  3. Hi,

    The account was not used on a different PC.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=, Oct 19, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >a> That account is logged onto another PC in the domain, and the password
    >has changed, or
    >b> The account is used as a service on another PC in the domain.

    c Check the logs.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Oct 20, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=

    hd troll Guest

    machines using password cache?

    hd troll, Oct 20, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=

    Ben Smith Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > We implement account policy on the domain level. We also added the account
    > lockout policy. The problem is there are users are automatically lockout even
    > they enter the correct password and there are some after restarting their
    > workstation they automatically lockout. This happen everyday since we apply
    > this policy. Is there a way to correct this?

    There are a few KB articles on these type of issues. Enable account
    logon (not logon) failure audits and see where the auth requests are
    issued.
    Ben Smith, Oct 20, 2005
  7. or maybe I'm trying to throw you off the trail... you decide.
    --
    hd troll

    =?Utf-8?B?aGQgdHJvbGw=?=, Oct 20, 2005