    folder! YIKES.

    Amanda

    , Dec 10, 2007

  2. Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:
    > Can anyone help me recover a deleted folder in Outlook Express? I
    > only intended to delete the one email, instead I deleted the whole
    > folder! YIKES.

    When you first deleted the folder full of items, the individual deleted
    items were in the deleted folder and could have been recovered from
    there 'visually' but they wouldn't have been organized in the 'folder'
    that you deleted.

    Then, your OE is most likely configured to 'really' delete the items in
    the deleted folder whenever you close OE, so your ability to recover
    visually depends on whether or not you have shutdown OE and how your
    maintenance section is configured to handle deleted items on shutdown.

    Lastly, there is the business about compaction. The compacting business
    can be configured to be off or automated. Deleted items are not really
    deleted from a folderfile (what looks like a folder to you is a file in
    the database) until compaction.

    So, if you haven't shut down OE, the deleted items which used to be in a
    different unnamed folderfile are in the Deleted folder. If you've
    shutdown and they aren't there, I would go to the store folder for OE
    and see if there is a file named 'Unnamed.dbx' where the 'unnamed'
    portion of the filename is the name of the folder you haven't mentioned.
    You may be able to recover the items from the unnamed.dbx file with
    tools.

    Tom Koch's site has information about OE's files, folders, and
    compacting. http://www.insideoe.com/ Help, tips, FAQs and technical
    information to help you use, understand, and repair Microsoft Outlook
    Express for Windows

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 10, 2007

  3. meerkat Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone help me recover a deleted folder in Outlook Express? I
    > only intended to delete the one email, instead I deleted the whole
    > folder! YIKES.

    Explain in more detail please.

    meerkat, Dec 10, 2007
  4. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > Can anyone help me recover a deleted folder in Outlook Express? I
    > only intended to delete the one email, instead I deleted the whole
    > folder! YIKES.

    You are out of luck.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Dec 15, 2007
  5. Sunny Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >>
    >> Can anyone help me recover a deleted folder in Outlook Express? I
    >> only intended to delete the one email, instead I deleted the whole
    >> folder! YIKES.

    > You are out of luck.

    Bullshit.
    In Windows Explorer, find the DBX folder and :
    http://www.mindspring.com/~majik/docs.htm
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/

    Depending on the folder, it can be re-created in OE then replaced from
    within Win Explorer.

    Sunny, Dec 15, 2007
  6. Jeneric Guest

    On Dec 14, 11:36 pm, "Sunny" <> wrote:
    > "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message

    > > wrote:

    > >> Can anyone help me recover a deleted folder in Outlook Express? I
    > >> only intended to delete the one email, instead I deleted the whole
    > >> folder! YIKES.

    > > You are out of luck.

    > Bullshit.
    > In Windows Explorer, find the DBX folder and :http://www.mindspring.com/~majik/docs.htmhttp://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/
    >
    > Depending on the folder, it can be re-created in OE then replaced from
    > within Win Explorer.

    There are deletion recoverey programs on sale at Frys now that promise
    the world. Guess you could call the company or take a chance on it for
    $29 or so.

    -JB-

    Jeneric, Dec 15, 2007
  7. ellis_jay Guest

    http://tokiwa.qee.jp/EN/dr.html

    http://riccardo.raneri.it/blog/eng/index.php/2006/03/02/free-tools-to-recover-lost-data/

    --
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his
    government. ___Edward Abbey

    ellis_jay, Dec 15, 2007