accessing shared folders

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jack, Aug 28, 2008.

  1. Jack

    Jack Guest

    hi,
    i have problem in sharing files and folder and in workgroups for about a
    month!
    i've tried searching google, microsoft support, knowledge base and help and
    support center, and i couldn't find a solution for the problem.
    i have win xp pro sp2 (on the wireless computer) and xp sp3 (on the main
    computer) the 2 computer have ntfs systems with simple sharing enabled and
    NetBIOS over TCP/IP enabled and they also has the same firewall program
    (sygate) and i allowed file sharing in the options of the program and even
    disabled the firewall protection (windows firewall is disabled in the 2 comps
    and i even allowed sharing in case) and have the computer browser activated
    in the 2 comps (services) and the 2 are in the same workgroup ("G2Home") and
    gained full access to shared folder (type 4 permission or something like
    that) and also file and printer sharing for microsoft networks is installed
    in the 2 comps... and that's it that's all have did for the last week trying
    to solve the problem.

    the first time i shared the folder (i have 2 shared folder in the main and 1
    shared folder in the wireless) it didn't workout i started getting "++++++++
    is not accessible. you might not have permission to use this network
    resource. contact the admin of this server (witch is me) to find out if you
    have access permission (i didn't understand that, first they tell me that i
    have got no access permission and after that they tell me to find whether i
    have access permission or not???!!!) path not found." msg, then found out
    that the firewall blocked access then allowed access in the 2 comps and
    started sharing after 2-3 days i had the same access denied msg so searched
    microsoft support and found the netbios then started sharing again and again
    2/3 days the same msg tried everything else and nothing worked.

    bottom line: what shall i do to gain access to shared folders ( the main
    can't access the wireless but can identify it and access his own shared
    folder (thank God he can do something) the same for the wireless can't access
    main but identify and access his; yes (i can see the other comp shared folder
    in my network places but not in workgroup - and tried changing workgroup
    names and that didn't workout either)

    Jack, Aug 28, 2008

  2. Jack

    Jack Guest

    By the way i also tried to activate the Guest account in the 2 comps ( don't
    know how this is connected to the problem it would be very helpful to get
    some explanations, i have found this solution in the support center)

    Jack, Aug 28, 2008

  3. Jack

    Jack Guest

    thanks man, you've solved the problem, i had some conflicts in the permission
    (in wireless had full control but not on the main) apparently simple file
    sharing (which is recommended) is not that simple and not that recommended (i
    guess that how it works on microsoft!).
    thank you (i hope that explanation of mine wasn't that long :) )!!!

    Jack, Aug 29, 2008
  4. Hi
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing XP -