    permission and to see admin but only account is admin. Do I have to access by
    using start/run and then map?

    Is there a way to do this and still keep my Norton Firewall enabled?

    =?Utf-8?B?VGNhdmEx?=, Mar 8, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VGNhdmEx?=

    Joe Guest

    I had the same problem -- very frustrating. Here's how I fixed it.

    1. Open Windows Explorer

    2. Click on Tools

    3. Click on Folder Options

    4. Click on View

    5. Go to the bottom of the options list and make sure "use simple file
    sharing" is checked. Do this on all of your machines.

    After you are able to see and share files among your units, you can go back
    and unclick the boxes -- if you want the extra control over your files.

    I discovered this when I noticed that the Sharing option boxes were
    different on a couple of my PCs. It took a long to backtrack and find why
    this was so.

    Hope this works for you -- after putting up with this for months, it fixed
    my problem.

    Joe

    Joe, Mar 12, 2005