  1. I'm told to find certain info in the Registry at
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_SOFTWARE_ ...etc.
    How do I view this info?

    William Powell, Dec 5, 2004

  2. William Powell

    Paul - xxx Guest

    William Powell vaguely muttered something like ...
    > I'm told to find certain info in the Registry at
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_SOFTWARE_ ...etc.
    > How do I view this info?

    Start - run - type without quotes "regedit" enter

    However, if you can't find this information with just a cursory search,. I
    wouldn't think you'd be well advised to mess with the registry .. it can
    seriously fark your system .. ;)

    --
    Paul ...
    http://www.4x4prejudice.org/index.php

    Paul - xxx, Dec 5, 2004

  3. William Powell

    ex cathedra Guest

    "William Powell" <> wrote in message
    > I'm told to find certain info in the Registry at
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_SOFTWARE_ ...etc.
    > How do I view this info?

    From your question, it sounds like you're pretty much of a novice-- no
    offense intended, we all started out that way.

    That being the case, it would be better not to mess with your registry. Even
    the slightest mistake will cripple your computer.

    ex cathedra, Dec 5, 2004
  4. William Powell

    °Mike° Guest

    As already mentioned, if you have to ask how to
    view it, it is NOT a good idea for you to be messing
    around in the registry. Why not post your problem;
    there may be a simple registry file that you could
    use to automate the process.

    On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 10:22:04 GMT, in
    <gjBsd.92054$>
    William Powell scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 5, 2004
  5. In article <> ex cathedra <> wrote:

    >"William Powell" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm told to find certain info in the Registry at
    >> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_SOFTWARE_ ...etc.
    >> How do I view this info?
    >>

    >From your question, it sounds like you're pretty much of a novice-- no
    >offense intended, we all started out that way.

    So what if you wonder if they are pretty much of a novice no offense
    intended? What are you?

    >That being the case, it would be better not to mess with your registry. Even
    >the slightest mistake will cripple your computer.

    Is this the part where I am supposed to be impressed with your uber
    skills? Or are you just the intermission entertainment?

    Generations.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "Her replies are like those little messages you get at the end of
    Taipai" -- invntrr

    Lady Chatterly, Dec 5, 2004
  6. William Powell

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    > I'm told to find certain info in the Registry at
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_SOFTWARE_ ...etc.
    > How do I view this info?

    start\run\regedit

    registry editor: edit\find... enter the words to search for

    disregard everyone's attempt to keep you uneducated.
    first step in working with the registry is to back it up

    registry editor: registry\export\ filename and location
    be sure that my computer is highlighted.

    learning about your computer will make you a better enduser.
    also, learning about the registry will help you remove spyware that cleaners
    can't fix.
    in the registry "runonce" and "run" are the main areas to search for stuborn
    spyware

    and also gpedit is a good tool to use to manually tweak your machine
    i also recommend leeching ghost and making a backup image of your HDD.
    i use emule for pirated software and porn.

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Dec 5, 2004
  7. In article <ReJsd.6191$> 127.0.0.1 <get.rooted@localhost> wrote:

    >>>"William Powell" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>>startrunregedit

    >>registry editor: editfind... enter the words to search for

    >disregard everyone's attempt to keep you uneducated.
    >first step in working with the registry is to back it up

    Now, in a fit of bravado, you said you were leaving.

    >registry editor: registryexport filename and location
    >be sure that my computer is highlighted.

    Sipnkeag of pteur illiterates, how the hlel have you bene?

    >learning about your computer will make you a better enduser.
    >also, learning about the registry will help you remove spyware that cleaners
    >can't fix.
    >in the registry "runonce" and "run" are the main areas to search for stuborn
    >spyware

    Do computers worry you?

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "Hey sparky.......... Chatterley IS S BOT! Amazing that it is s k00ks
    bot and YOU don't know it." -- Kenneth Pangborn

    Lady Chatterly, Dec 5, 2004