    a host thru the internet thru the Linksys router ?

    Thanks in Advance

    Edward

    Edward M, Sep 21, 2005

  2. Edward M

    FML Guest

    Edward M wrote:
    > Is there a way to access my 2003 server that has Pcanywhere running as
    > a host thru the internet thru the Linksys router ?
    >
    > Thanks in Advance
    >

    > Edward

    Yep. You gotta do some port forwarding. Read this:

    <http://service4.symantec.com/SUPPORT/pca.nsf/pfdocs/1999050310452112>

    FML, Sep 21, 2005

  3. Edward M

    Edward M Guest

    I have tried that, trued the correct ports for udp, also tried the
    DMZ.
    I can access pcanywhere with the internal address but not the external
    address.
    pcanywhere is running as host on the server(win 2003 sbs)

    Edward M, Sep 23, 2005
  4. Edward M

    Todd Guest

    On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 00:22:07 GMT, Edward M <> wrote:

    >I have tried that, trued the correct ports for udp, also tried the
    >DMZ.
    >I can access pcanywhere with the internal address but not the external
    >address.
    >pcanywhere is running as host on the server(win 2003 sbs)
    >

    >On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:57:38 -0500, FML <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Edward M wrote:
    >>> Is there a way to access my 2003 server that has Pcanywhere running as
    >>> a host thru the internet thru the Linksys router ?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in Advance
    >>>

    >>> Edward

    >>Yep. You gotta do some port forwarding. Read this:
    >>
    >><http://service4.symantec.com/SUPPORT/pca.nsf/pfdocs/1999050310452112>

    You need to enable port forwarding for both UDP and TCP. As well,
    ensure the firewall is off on the host until you get it working
    properly.

    Todd...

    www.toddsplace.ca
    * Replace me with todd to reply