    another thread), but all replies to the mail she sends with this setup
    come to the gmail account. Any suggestions appreciated.

    Dan

    Dan, Aug 26, 2006

  2. Dan

    Porter Smith Guest

    Dan <> wrote in
    news::

    > My wife is using TBird 1.5.0.5 on her laptop. She needs to access her
    > work email from 3 locations, her local workplace, an out of town
    > workplace, & our home. I'm having trouble because none of the 3 ISP's
    > allow users to access their SMTP server from another ISP. So for
    > example, if the SMTP is set to her local workplace, she is not able to
    > access it from home, & vice versa. Same with the 3rd location. What
    > are the options here? Tried using her gmail account (as related here in
    > another thread), but all replies to the mail she sends with this setup
    > come to the gmail account. Any suggestions appreciated.
    >
    > Dan

    Does her ISP have a web interface to their eMail? Mine does, and I use that
    instead of T-Bird when I'm not at home.

    Porter Smith, Aug 26, 2006

  3. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Porter Smith wrote:
    > Dan <> wrote in
    >
    >> My wife is using TBird 1.5.0.5 on her laptop. She needs to access her
    >> work email from 3 locations, her local workplace, an out of town
    >> workplace, & our home. I'm having trouble because none of the 3 ISP's
    >> allow users to access their SMTP server from another ISP. So for
    >> example, if the SMTP is set to her local workplace, she is not able to
    >> access it from home, & vice versa. Same with the 3rd location. What
    >> are the options here? Tried using her gmail account (as related here in
    >> another thread), but all replies to the mail she sends with this setup
    >> come to the gmail account. Any suggestions appreciated.
    >>
    >> Dan
    >>

    > Does her ISP have a web interface to their eMail? Mine does, and I use that
    > instead of T-Bird when I'm not at home.

    Thanks for the reply. It does, but they delete messages after about 3
    weeks, and she needs access to a year or more. I was able to set up
    gmail using the settings on their web site to do what I needed,
    basically adding her non-gmail accounts & setting each with its own
    address as "reply to".

    Dan

    Dan, Aug 26, 2006