    Well, unless I'm misinterpreting "user name" wrongly, it's not.

    thanks
    Neil

    Neil Truby, Jul 11, 2003

  2. Neil Truby

    Bhoona Guest

    I work on a business support desk for NTL....

    Are the password not different as they are on business??
    Have you accessed it before??
    you might also want to try.... ftp.hosting.ntl.com

    If you have not accessed it before, it might be worth giving the helpdesk a
    call. There still open!!

    Cheers
    Bhoona

    "Neil Truby" <> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to access my ntl webspace via a variety of ftp clients, and
    > simply from a Windows command er .. window. I connect to
    > upload.ntlworld.com OK, but when I enter my user name (neil.truby) and my
    > password (the same one which worked fine four seconds previously for
    > webmail), but get a message saying "Login incorrect".
    >
    > Well, unless I'm misinterpreting "user name" wrongly, it's not.
    >
    > thanks
    > Neil

    ---

    Bhoona, Jul 11, 2003

  3. Neil Truby

    Neil Truby Guest

    "Bhoona" <> wrote in message
    > I work on a business support desk for NTL....
    >
    > Are the password not different as they are on business??
    > Have you accessed it before??
    > you might also want to try.... ftp.hosting.ntl.com
    >
    > If you have not accessed it before, it might be worth giving the helpdesk

    > call. There still open!!

    Thanks. Same problem with that ftp site.
    What's the helpdesk number please?

    cheers
    Neil

    Neil Truby, Jul 11, 2003
  4. Neil Truby

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:31:36 +0100, in
    <bends9$7244n$-berlin.de>
    Neil Truby scrawled:

    >"Bhoona" <> wrote in message
    >> I work on a business support desk for NTL....
    >>
    >> Are the password not different as they are on business??
    >> Have you accessed it before??
    >> you might also want to try.... ftp.hosting.ntl.com
    >>
    >> If you have not accessed it before, it might be worth giving the helpdesk

    >> call. There still open!!

    >Thanks. Same problem with that ftp site.
    >What's the helpdesk number please?
    >
    >cheers
    >Neil

    http://www.ntlworld.com/help/generalHelp/settings.html
    telephone numbers
    Technical support line: 0906 301 2222 (charged at 50p per min)
    Technical support email:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 11, 2003
  5. Neil Truby

    Neil Truby Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:31:36 +0100, in
    > <bends9$7244n$-berlin.de>
    > Neil Truby scrawled:
    >

    > >"Bhoona" <> wrote in message
    > >> I work on a business support desk for NTL....
    > >>
    > >> Are the password not different as they are on business??
    > >> Have you accessed it before??
    > >> you might also want to try.... ftp.hosting.ntl.com
    > >>
    > >> If you have not accessed it before, it might be worth giving the

    helpdesk
    > >> call. There still open!!

    > >Thanks. Same problem with that ftp site.
    > >What's the helpdesk number please?
    > >
    > >cheers
    > >Neil

    > http://www.ntlworld.com/help/generalHelp/settings.html
    > telephone numbers
    > Technical support line: 0906 301 2222 (charged at 50p per min)
    > Technical support email:

    Thanks. I've got through before without calling a premium rate number. I
    object on principle when it's (probably) their fault.
    I have already emailed, but obviously I won't ever get a reply!

    Neil Truby, Jul 11, 2003
  6. Neil Truby

    Brian H¹© Guest

    In a desperate cry for help Neil Truby said:

    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:31:36 +0100, in
    >> <bends9$7244n$-berlin.de>
    >> Neil Truby scrawled:
    >>

    >>> "Bhoona" <> wrote in message

    >>> Thanks. Same problem with that ftp site.
    >>> What's the helpdesk number please?
    >>>
    >>> cheers
    >>> Neil

    >> http://www.ntlworld.com/help/generalHelp/settings.html
    >> telephone numbers
    >> Technical support line: 0906 301 2222 (charged at 50p per min)
    >> Technical support email:

    > Thanks. I've got through before without calling a premium rate number. I
    > object on principle when it's (probably) their fault.
    > I have already emailed, but obviously I won't ever get a reply!

    Try the free number

    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

    Brian H¹©, Jul 11, 2003
  7. Neil Truby

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:41:03 +0100, in
    <22HPa.9254$>
    Brian H¹© scrawled:

    > In a desperate cry for help Neil Truby said:
    >
    >> "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:31:36 +0100, in
    >>> <bends9$7244n$-berlin.de>
    >>> Neil Truby scrawled:

    >>> http://www.ntlworld.com/help/generalHelp/settings.html
    >>> telephone numbers
    >>> Technical support line: 0906 301 2222 (charged at 50p per min)
    >>> Technical support email:

    >> Thanks. I've got through before without calling a premium rate number. I
    >> object on principle when it's (probably) their fault.
    >> I have already emailed, but obviously I won't ever get a reply!

    >Try the free number
    >0845-650-0121

    As I understand it, all 0845 numbers are local rate.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 11, 2003
  8. Neil Truby

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:45:49 +0100, in
    <v6HPa.9261$>
    Brian H¹© scrawled:

    > In a desperate cry for help °Mike° said:
    >
    >> On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:41:03 +0100, in
    >> <22HPa.9254$>
    >> Brian H¹© scrawled:

    <snip>

    >>> Try the free number
    >>> 0845-650-0121

    >> As I understand it, all 0845 numbers are local rate.

    >Oops, your right ofcourse.
    >That one slipped past me :-S

    NP, at least it's better than premium. :)

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 11, 2003
  9. Neil Truby

    Bhoona Guest

    The number for 1st line support is 0800 052 2000 its free!!!

    "Neil Truby" <> wrote in message

    > "Bhoona" <> wrote in message
    > > I work on a business support desk for NTL....
    > >
    > > Are the password not different as they are on business??
    > > Have you accessed it before??
    > > you might also want to try.... ftp.hosting.ntl.com
    > >
    > > If you have not accessed it before, it might be worth giving the

    helpdesk
    > > call. There still open!!

    > Thanks. Same problem with that ftp site.
    > What's the helpdesk number please?
    >
    > cheers
    > Neil

    ---

    Bhoona, Jul 12, 2003
  10. Neil Truby

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Brian H¹© continued:

    > In a desperate cry for help °Mike° said:
    >
    >> On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:41:03 +0100, in
    >> <22HPa.9254$>
    >> Brian H¹© scrawled:

    >>> Try the free number
    >>> 0845-650-0121

    >> As I understand it, all 0845 numbers are local rate.

    > Oops, your right ofcourse.
    > That one slipped past me :-S

    Too much bloody money, probably makes mobile calls to overseas to save
    getting up to go to find the landline phone...;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 12, 2003
  11. Neil Truby

    Neil Truby Guest

    Re: Accessing ntl webspace - sorted

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > In a desperate cry for help Neil Truby said:
    >
    > > Thanks. I've got through before without calling a premium rate number.

    > > object on principle when it's (probably) their fault.
    > > I have already emailed, but obviously I won't ever get a reply!

    > Try the free number
    > 0845-650-0121

    Firstly, I did get a reply to my email!
    Secondly, the guy at the number fixed my problem in two seconds flat.
    So, thank you all very much.

    Neil Truby, Jul 12, 2003
  12. Neil Truby

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Neil Truby said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> In a desperate cry for help Neil Truby said:
    >>
    >>> Thanks. I've got through before without calling a premium rate number. I
    >>> object on principle when it's (probably) their fault.
    >>> I have already emailed, but obviously I won't ever get a reply!

    >> Try the free number
    >> 0845-650-0121

    > Firstly, I did get a reply to my email!
    > Secondly, the guy at the number fixed my problem in two seconds flat.
    > So, thank you all very much.

    You're welcome.
    What was the problem?

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

    Brian H¹©, Jul 12, 2003
  13. Neil Truby

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Neil Truby said:
    >
    > > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    number. I

    > >> Try the free number
    > >> 0845-650-0121

    > > Firstly, I did get a reply to my email!
    > > Secondly, the guy at the number fixed my problem in two seconds flat.
    > > So, thank you all very much.

    > You're welcome.
    > What was the problem?

    As one of you suggested: my webspace password had not been updated in line
    with my webmail one. They just reset them all to fix it.

    Neil Truby, Jul 12, 2003
  14. "Bhoona" <> wrote:

    >I work on a business support desk for NTL....

    13K P.A. Woooh-ooh!

    >Are the password not different as they are on business??
    >Have you accessed it before??
    >you might also want to try.... ftp.hosting.ntl.com
    >
    >If you have not accessed it before, it might be worth giving the helpdesk a
    >call. There still open!!

    "They're"

    >Cheers
    >Bhoona

    My pleasure.

    >"Neil Truby" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm trying to access my ntl webspace via a variety of ftp clients, and
    >> simply from a Windows command er .. window. I connect to
    >> upload.ntlworld.com OK, but when I enter my user name (neil.truby) and my
    >> password (the same one which worked fine four seconds previously for
    >> webmail), but get a message saying "Login incorrect".
    >>
    >> Well, unless I'm misinterpreting "user name" wrongly, it's not.
    >>
    >> thanks
    >> Neil
    >>

    >---

    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend