    Any ideas? Thanks.

    --
    EMail address is disposable and never checked.

    Paul Blarmy, Jan 10, 2009

  2. Paul Blarmy wrote:

    > My daughters PC is broken. I have taken the HD and put it in a USB caddy
    > and plugged it into my PC. Problem is I cannot access her 'My
    > Documents' folder - get permission denied.
    >
    > Looked on the web for solutions but none of them have worked so far.
    >
    > Got WinXP Home. (Yes, I've booted into SAFE mode and accessed the
    > security tab but no luck.)

    You have to check the "advanced" button then, a tab "ownership" and "take
    ownership". Do not forget to check the "include subfolders ..." as well.

    > Ubuntu won't let me mount the drive either.

    mkdir /mnt/windows
    sudo mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sdX1 /mnt/windows
    (with x the letter you see for the drive with "fdisk -l")

    wisdomkiller & pain, Jan 10, 2009

  3. Paul Blarmy

    Paul Blarmy Guest

    Thanks for the advice, all sorted now.

    --
    EMail address is disposable and never checked.

    Paul Blarmy, Jan 11, 2009