    Explorer, paste the link to then go to it. Is there something I have maybe
    clicked on Outlook Express by mistake which is causing this? I have looked
    but haven't got a clue.... Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
    Francine Wilkinson, Jan 8, 2005

  2. Francine Wilkinson

    Thor Guest

    "Francine Wilkinson" <> wrote in message
    > If I get emails with links, Outlook Express stops me from going to them
    > which is very annoying. I end up having to copy the link, open Internet
    > Explorer, paste the link to then go to it. Is there something I have
    > maybe clicked on Outlook Express by mistake which is causing this? I have
    > looked but haven't got a clue.... Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

    from the MSKB

    SYMPTOMS
    When you click a hyperlink in an e-mail message or on a Web page, or
    right-click a hyperlink on a Web page and then click Open in New Window, you
    may experience one or more of the following symptoms:
    a.. Nothing happens.
    b.. The new window may be blank.
    c.. You may receive a scripting error message.
    When you use the Print command or the Print Preview command in Internet
    Explorer, nothing may happen.

    When you try to connect to Web folders, you may receive the following error
    message:

    The current operation could not be completed because an unexpected error has
    occurred.
    CAUSE
    This behavior may occur for any of the following reasons:
    a.. The (Default) value setting in one or more of the following registry
    keys points to an incorrect location for the Urlmon.dll file:
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{79eac9e0-baf9-11ce-8c82-00aa004ba90b}\InprocServer32]

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{79eac9f1-baf9-11ce-8c82-00aa004ba90b}\InprocServer32]

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{79eac9f2-baf9-11ce-8c82-00aa004ba90b}\InprocServer32]

    This may occur if you install a customized version of Internet Explorer
    that was created with the Internet Explorer Administration Kit (IEAK)
    version 5.01 Service Pack 1 (SP1), 5.5 SP1, or 6.0.
    b.. The following registry key is missing or damaged:
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{00020400-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}

    c.. One or more of the following files is missing, damaged, or improperly
    registered:
    a.. Url.dll
    b.. Mshtml.dll
    c.. Actxprxy.dll
    d.. Oleaut32.dll
    e.. Shell32.dll
    f.. Shdocvw.dll
    RESOLUTION
    To resolve this problem in Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
    1.. Quit all programs that are running.
    2.. Click Start, and then click Run.
    3.. Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
    4.. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded"
    message, click OK.
    If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of
    the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file
    names below):
    a.. Shdocvw.dll
    b.. Msjava.dll
    c.. Actxprxy.dll
    d.. Oleaut32.dll
    e.. Mshtml.dll
    f.. Browseui.dll
    g.. Shell32.dll (Windows XP and Windows 2000 only)
    If the problem is still not resolved, verify that the following registry
    values are present and correct:
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{00020400-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
    Name: (Default)
    Value: IDispatch
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{00020400-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\ProxyStubClsid
    Name: (Default)
    Value: {00020420-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{00020400-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\ProxyStubClsid32
    Name: (Default)
    Value: {00020420-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}

    If the problem is still not resolved, reinstall Internet Explorer. If you
    are using the version of Internet Explorer that is included with your
    operating system, reinstall or repair your operating system.

    Thor, Jan 8, 2005

  3. Thor wrote:

    > If the problem is still not resolved, reinstall Internet Explorer. If you
    > are using the version of Internet Explorer that is included with your
    > operating system, reinstall or repair your operating system.

    Oh I love microsoft logic. "If you cant click on a link in outlook
    express, reinstall Windows XP"...

    --

    There is nothing wrong with your news reader.
    Do not attempt to adjust your settings.

    Please stand by.
    http://www.weyounsworld.info/downloads/sounds/ol.mp3
    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, Jan 8, 2005
  4. Francine Wilkinson

    Thor Guest

    "Weyoun the Dancing Borg" <> wrote in message
    > Thor wrote:
    >

    >> If the problem is still not resolved, reinstall Internet Explorer. If you
    >> are using the version of Internet Explorer that is included with your
    >> operating system, reinstall or repair your operating system.

    > Oh I love microsoft logic. "If you cant click on a link in outlook
    > express, reinstall Windows XP"...

    well it is logical at a certain point when all other options have been used
    up. Since IE is integrated into XP, if none of the other suggestions work,
    then reinstalling XP is the next logical step to fix the problem. I don't
    believe they suggested it as a first step.
    Thor, Jan 8, 2005
  5. Thor wrote:

    > "Weyoun the Dancing Borg" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Thor wrote:
    >>

    >>>If the problem is still not resolved, reinstall Internet Explorer. If you
    >>>are using the version of Internet Explorer that is included with your
    >>>operating system, reinstall or repair your operating system.

    >>Oh I love microsoft logic. "If you cant click on a link in outlook
    >>express, reinstall Windows XP"...

    > well it is logical at a certain point when all other options have been used
    > up. Since IE is integrated into XP, if none of the other suggestions work,
    > then reinstalling XP is the next logical step to fix the problem. I don't
    > believe they suggested it as a first step.

    No, but my point is, something as tiny as a problem in an email client
    should never have to result, even in rare cases, to a total reinstall of
    the operating system.

    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, Jan 8, 2005
  6. Francine Wilkinson

    > Thor wrote:
    >
    >> "Weyoun the Dancing Borg" <> wrote in
    >> message news:...

    >>>Oh I love microsoft logic. "If you cant click on a link in outlook
    >>>express, reinstall Windows XP"...

    >> well it is logical at a certain point when all other options have been
    >> used up. Since IE is integrated into XP, if none of the other suggestions
    >> work, then reinstalling XP is the next logical step to fix the problem. I
    >> don't believe they suggested it as a first step.

    > No, but my point is, something as tiny as a problem in an email client
    > should never have to result, even in rare cases, to a total reinstall of
    > the operating system.

    agreed, but continuing to grumble and complain about it isn't going to
    change reality. You deal with the reality in front of your face, not the one
    you wish for in your head.
    Thor, Jan 8, 2005