    Ramkumar Guest

    Is there a provision to get in to my gmail account directly logging
    into GMail groups.
    Ramkumar, Sep 25, 2005

  2. Ramkumar

    Mike Easter Guest

    Ramkumar wrote:
    > Is there a provision to get in to my gmail account directly logging
    > into GMail groups.

    Yes, there is a little tunnel to get from GG interface to gmail..

    If you log into GG, you can go into My Account. In my account, there is
    a link to access

    Edit Services Info
    Gmail
    Google Groups

    and that link to Gmail will take you into the Preferences section of
    your gmail account from which you can also access your Inbox and the
    rest of the webmail functionality. You also need to sign out 'twice'
    when you go in that way; once from gmail and once from GG.

    ... but 'normally' ....

    When you are a member of GG and sign/log in at
    www.google.com/groups/signin that hooks you up with the GG interface
    groups.google.com as logged in and the requirements are only that the
    joining process involve any working confirmed email address, which can
    include a gmail one.

    When you are a gmail client and sign/log in at www.google.com/accounts
    that hooks you you up with the gmail webmail interface mail.google.com
    as logged in and the requirements are that the signin process involves a
    working gmail account acquired by the invitation process.

    Gmail now allows you to have a different From address than your gmail
    account one, but GG 'requires' that the information in My Account GG
    displays your email in the From. You can change the first, last, and
    nick name, but the addy isn't an option. So, the gmailer's address
    shows in the GG From, as yours does.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Sep 25, 2005

  3. Ramkumar

    Mike Easter Guest

    Ramkumar wrote:
    > Is there a provision to get in to my gmail account directly logging
    > into GMail groups.

    You can also sign in 'generically' to google 'services' here:

    https://www.google.com/accounts/Login

    There are links there to information about google accounts, including
    the fact that another way to get a gmail invitation besides having a
    gmail friend or public 'begging' is to have a cellphone number.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Sep 25, 2005