    I set up the Shared Folders on each computer so that the could be shared on
    the network. However, I cannot see any sharing on either computer. What
    am I doing wrong???

    =?Utf-8?B?R05BVw==?=, May 3, 2006

  2. Aloha GNAW,

    Is the Windows XP Firewall blocking file/printer sharing?

    -Ben-
    Ben M. Schorr, MVP
    Roland Schorr & Tower
    http://www.rolandschorr.com
    Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html

    Ben M. Schorr - MVP, May 3, 2006

  3. I'm not sure. In the exceptions tab of windows firewall, the "file and
    printer sharing" box is checked. Is that correct??

    GNAW

    =?Utf-8?B?R05BVw==?=, May 3, 2006
  4. Aloha GNAW,

    Yes. Can you connect to the other device by name? i.e. if you go to Start
    | Run and type in:

    \\[machinename]\[sharename]

    (where [machinename] = the name of the other machine and [sharename]= the
    name of a share you've created on that machine)

    What happens?

    Ben M. Schorr - MVP, May 3, 2006
  5. No. It say the the Network path was not found. And when I do a browse
    through Network Places (on either computer), I can see the folders that I
    classified as Shared for that particular computer, but not the other.

    =?Utf-8?B?R05BVw==?=, May 3, 2006