    checked file sharing and its correct. In fact, from my laptop I can use the
    printer attached to the desktop. I get the message that the desktop is not
    accessible when I try to open up the desktop from the laptop.

    =?Utf-8?B?cHJvZGVudmVy?=, Jul 11, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cHJvZGVudmVy?=

    Dave Guest

    have you shared a folder on the desktop?

    Dave, Jul 11, 2005

  3. I clicked on each drive on the desktop and selected share. Was that the
    right thing to do?

    =?Utf-8?B?cHJvZGVudmVy?=, Jul 12, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cHJvZGVudmVy?=

    Dave Guest

    well, you need to share at least one folder or drive so the other machine
    has something to access.

    Dave, Jul 12, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?cHJvZGVudmVy?=

    DanR Guest

    What do you mean "each drive on the desktop"? If you mean you shared everything
    from "My Computer" that is not safe. Undo that.
    Then create a folder on your desktop. Right click on it and enable sharing of
    that one folder. Then put something in it like a text file. Then see if you can
    see that folder and that file from the other computer.

    DanR, Jul 12, 2005