    Hi Support

    How do I access Emails sent to my .co.uk address.

    Thanks.

    Bola Coker, Apr 5, 2004

  2. Bola Coker

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Apr 5, 2004

  3. Bola Coker

    Bola Coker Guest

    Mike,

    Am I able to access mail sent to my btinternet.com mail address but I'm not
    able to see any mail sent to my old btinternet.co.uk account. I tried
    sending mail to it and it disappeared.

    Thanks

    Bola Coker, Apr 5, 2004
  4. Bola Coker

    Trent SC Guest

    Did you actually read either of those websites?
    Do you realise what Usenet is?
    Have you owned a computer for longer that 1 day?
    Do you realise that this is a newsgroup and not btinternet's support desk?
    Are you congenitally stupid?

    Trent SC, Apr 5, 2004
  5. Bola Coker

    °Mike° Guest

    This is something you need to take up with BTInternet.
    This is an international newsgroup; nothing to do with
    BTI, or any other ISP.

    On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 22:33:03 +0000 (UTC), in
    <c4smqv$418$>
    Bola Coker scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Apr 5, 2004
  6. Bola Coker

    Bola Coker Guest

    Sorry,

    The name of the newsgroup is 24hoursupport.helpdesk on the
    news.btopenworld.com.
    Usenet is not mentioned anywhere. One can only assume it the support desk
    for btopenworld.com.

    Bola Coker, Apr 5, 2004
  7. Bola Coker

    Palindrome Guest

    Bola Coker wrote:

    > Mike,
    >
    > Am I able to access mail sent to my btinternet.com mail address but I'm not
    > able to see any mail sent to my old btinternet.co.uk account. I tried
    > sending mail to it and it disappeared.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    >>

    >>On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 21:51:52 +0000 (UTC), in
    >> <c4skdo$sf5$>
    >> Bola Coker scrawled:
    >>

    >>>Hi Support
    >>>
    >>>How do I access Emails sent to my .co.uk address.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks.
    >>>

    >>--
    >>Basic computer maintenance
    >>http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

    Not Mike but I hope that I can help a little and that you aren't too
    disappointed :)

    These are ideas that may help:

    Within Outlook Express: Set up two mail accounts (tools > accounts
    >mail). One will have the details of your new .com mail address and

    one will have the details of your old .co.uk mail address. You can then
    collect mail from both accounts.

    or:

    The account management of your .com mail account (probably accessed via
    the btinternet web site) should allow you to set a forwarding address
    for all mail. Just give it your .co.uk address.

    I hope that may help a little. I don't have your previous posts - so
    please excuse me if this isn't relevant to your problem.

    Palindrome, Apr 6, 2004
  8. Bola Coker

    Trent SC Guest

    Why should you assume that? Since your internet connection is provided by
    btinternet, did you assume that every web site you visited was run by
    btinternet? Since your email account is provided by btinternet, did you
    assume that all the emails you received were sent to you by btinternet? Or
    did something in the back of your mind tell you that btinternet was your
    internet service provider, not the content provider? That like the phone
    company BT, they provide you with access?

    Or do you assume every call that you make on your BT or NTL phone is
    answered by a BT or NTL employee, no matter what telephone number you dial?

    Since you are using Outlook Express, do the following:
    1. Click on the button marked 'newsgroups' and count the list of available
    newsgroups. Do you think btinternet administers all of them?
    2. Click on the menu option 'Help', then 'Contents and Index'. In the
    contents, there are just a few primary entries, the 4th one is called
    'Viewing and posting to newsgroups'. It explains what as newsgroup is. Did
    you read it?

    Trent SC, Apr 6, 2004
  9. Bola Coker

    Bola Coker Guest

    Thanks Palindrome,

    Your suggestions were relevant to my problem.

    Bola Coker, Apr 6, 2004
  10. Bola Coker

    Palindrome Guest

    Bola Coker wrote:

    > Thanks Palindrome,
    >
    > Your suggestions were relevant to my problem.

    Phew. All fixed now? And glad to be able to help.

    Palindrome, Apr 6, 2004
  11. Bola Coker

    Pool Champ Guest

    "Bola Coker" <> wrote in message
    > Mike,
    >
    > Am I able to access mail sent to my btinternet.com mail address but I'm

    not
    > able to see any mail sent to my old btinternet.co.uk account. I tried
    > sending mail to it and it disappeared.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    > >

    > > On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 21:51:52 +0000 (UTC), in
    > > <c4skdo$sf5$>
    > > Bola Coker scrawled:
    > >
    > > >Hi Support
    > > >
    > > >How do I access Emails sent to my .co.uk address.
    > > >
    > > >Thanks.

    Could you be confusing your BT email address with your BT webpage address ??
    email:
    webpage: http://www.xxxxxx.btinternet.co.uk

    You could ask in btinternet.support group
    John

    Pool Champ, Apr 6, 2004