    Is there a way to do this? I can still get my e-mail from demon, so
    why can't I acces their much better news server anymore? NTL's news
    server is a big pile of shite!

    Adam Richards, Jan 6, 2004

  2. Adam Richards

    Spider Guest

    > Hi,
    >
    > A kind soul posted an MP3 for me in a binary newsgroup. I have tried
    > to download the MP-3, but only 12 of 25 parts have shown up on NTL's
    > server, even after numerous refreshes and pressing the "Get ALL
    > headers" command in Agent. This is really pissing me off!
    >
    > I get my mail through demon.co.uk and until a couple of years ago I
    > used to get newgroups from demon's news server (which has much better
    > versions of the groups than NTL's) but since going with NTL broadband
    > and changing to NTL's news server I find I can't access demon's news
    > server anymore.
    >
    > Is there a way to do this? I can still get my e-mail from demon, so
    > why can't I acces their much better news server anymore? NTL's news
    > server is a big pile of shite!

    Adam,
    Most ISP's setup their news servers to only allow connections from within their network. In other words, you need to be connected to them and not to NTL in order to connect to their news server. That restriction typically does not apply to pop servers which is why you can get your mail from them.

    Spider
    http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

    Spider, Jan 7, 2004