    Can anyone help!

    Regards

    Gerri

    Paul Dignon, Sep 7, 2003

  2. Paul Dignon

    Miggsee Guest

    Delete the drive in Device Manager, reboot, and try to let Windows reinstall
    the drivers. How old is the machine? The drive may be dead.

    "Paul Dignon" <> wrote in message
    > I'm running Windows 98 and for no apparent reason my CD Drive is not
    > registering, It comes up with a message "The Device is not Ready" whenever

    > try to access it. It also shows that the disk in the drive is full,

    whether

    Miggsee, Sep 7, 2003

  3. Paul Dignon

    Paul Dignon Guest

    It's less than a year old but could it be broken?

    Paul Dignon, Sep 7, 2003
  4. Paul Dignon

    Miggsee Guest

    Did you try reinstalling the drivers? Yes, even though it's less than a year
    old, it could still be defective.

    Miggsee, Sep 7, 2003