Accessing Browser Utilities on LinkSys WAP11

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Doug Miannay, Apr 16, 2005.

  1. Doug Miannay

    Doug Miannay Guest

    I currently have a LinkSys WAP11 connected to my wired LinkSys BEFSR81
    router as a simple Access Point. I picked up the WAP11 so that I can
    connect my new PlayStation Portable (PSP) to the internet via it's built-in
    802.11b protocol. I tried entering the WAP11 internal Setup Utilities from
    Internert Explorer on my desktop computer (wired directly to one of the
    ports on the BEFSR81) by entering http://192.168.1.107 (IP assigned to WAP11
    by the BEFSR81 DHCP) but IE simply stalls and never finds the internal setup
    pages in the WAP11.

    After thinking about this for a bit I've come to the conclusion that the
    only way to access the WAP11 internal setup pages is via a browser on a
    wireless computer accessing the WAP11.

    Is this correct or can I get to the WAP11 internal setup pages from my
    desktop computer via the wired router?

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

    Doug
    Doug Miannay, Apr 16, 2005

  2. Doug Miannay

    JoeM Guest

    Go to the Linksys site and download the manual and software for this. You
    need to configure the WAP11 through either their USB or SNMP Manager. There
    is no browser setup.

    JoeM, Apr 18, 2005