    John Guest

    I am trying to access the BIOS on a Compaq deskpro machine. Tried all the F
    keys, del key, but no joy. Any ideas please?

    John, Dec 2, 2004

  2. Compaq should be F10, but you can try ESC?

    Skye Hill - WestPA.net, Inc., Dec 2, 2004

  3. John

    Conor Guest

    In article <1lFrd.1179$>, John says...
    > I am trying to access the BIOS on a Compaq deskpro machine. Tried all the F
    > keys, del key, but no joy. Any ideas please?

    f10 when the small square appears in the corner AFAIR.

    --
    Conor

    Greedo shot first. Greedo ALWAYS shot first. You did not see Solo shoot
    first.
    It never happened. Never, ever. Not in any version. Remember: Greedo
    shot first.

    Conor, Dec 2, 2004
  4. John

    Larry Crites Guest

    On my Deskpro EN, it is F10. The small square Conor refers to is the
    "blinking cursor" you might get if you don't get the Compaq splash screen.

    Larry
    Unlock the Universe

    Larry Crites, Dec 2, 2004
  5. John

    Billh Guest

    As others have said F10. But just an added thing. I have worked on a lot
    of older Compaq's that came to me with wiped hard drives. The bios software
    was on the hard drive thus hitting F10 did nothing. So if you formatted the
    hard drive you will not be getting in to the bios. Some models have
    downloadable file you can make a floppy to get in to the bios.

    Billh, Dec 3, 2004