Accessing Asterisk@home remotly

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Sparks, Dec 15, 2005.

  1. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    Okay, here is the situation...

    I live in the UK and have setup an asterisk@home server at home.
    I am currently in New Zealand visiting family, but have brought my Linksys
    PAP2 + a DECT phone and my laptop with me.

    I am trying, without much success, to get the PAP2 to connect to my asterisk
    box at home so I can receive calls from my BT line here (and make them if I
    wish)

    I have a router both ends, and can port forward what I want.
    Asterisk has the line "externip=MY WAN IP ADDRESS" in the sip.conf and can
    happily connect to Sipgate, 18866, voipbuster to name a few.

    What ports do I need to forward on both routers, and what settings do I need
    to change on the PAP2 (It is currently setup to work on my internal LAN (and
    does work there fine)
    I have tried forwarding port 5060 on the NZ router, and changing the server
    the pap2 tries to contact from the internal IP of my AAH box, to the router
    the AAH box is connected to, but it doesn't work :-(

    I have the following ports on the AAH router (at home) forwarded to the AAH
    box.
    5030-5070 UDP
    8000-8010 UDP
    4560-4570 UDP
    10000-20000 TCP & UDP

    Thanks for any pointers!

    Sparks, Dec 15, 2005

  2. Sparks

    davew Guest

    Sparks wrote:
    > Okay, here is the situation...
    >
    > I live in the UK and have setup an asterisk@home server at home.
    > I am currently in New Zealand visiting family, but have brought my Linksys
    > PAP2 + a DECT phone and my laptop with me.
    >
    > I am trying, without much success, to get the PAP2 to connect to my asterisk
    > box at home so I can receive calls from my BT line here (and make them if I
    > wish)
    >
    > I have a router both ends, and can port forward what I want.
    > Asterisk has the line "externip=MY WAN IP ADDRESS" in the sip.conf and can
    > happily connect to Sipgate, 18866, voipbuster to name a few.
    >
    > What ports do I need to forward on both routers, and what settings do I need
    > to change on the PAP2 (It is currently setup to work on my internal LAN (and
    > does work there fine)
    > I have tried forwarding port 5060 on the NZ router, and changing the server
    > the pap2 tries to contact from the internal IP of my AAH box, to the router
    > the AAH box is connected to, but it doesn't work :-(
    >
    > I have the following ports on the AAH router (at home) forwarded to the AAH
    > box.
    > 5030-5070 UDP
    > 8000-8010 UDP
    > 4560-4570 UDP
    > 10000-20000 TCP & UDP
    >
    > Thanks for any pointers!

    Try adding:
    Port: 5004 / UDP (RTP, language)
    Port 8011 - 8019 / UDP

    davew, Dec 15, 2005

  3. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    >> I have the following ports on the AAH router (at home) forwarded to the
    >> AAH
    >> box.
    >> 5030-5070 UDP
    >> 8000-8010 UDP
    >> 4560-4570 UDP
    >> 10000-20000 TCP & UDP
    >>
    >> Thanks for any pointers!

    > Try adding:
    > Port: 5004 / UDP (RTP, language)
    > Port 8011 - 8019 / UDP

    Still no joy :-(

    I can connect to sipgate with the pap2 no problmes, so the router the NZ end
    is obviously ok.
    I have two broadband coccections, and have just tried switching the
    connection the Asterisk box uses and configured this router to port forward
    the relevent ports, stil no joy :-(

    Any other suggestions!

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Dec 18, 2005
  4. Sparks

    Jono Guest

    "Sparks" <this.is@invalid> wrote in message

    >>> I have the following ports on the AAH router (at home) forwarded to the
    >>> AAH
    >>> box.
    >>> 5030-5070 UDP
    >>> 8000-8010 UDP
    >>> 4560-4570 UDP
    >>> 10000-20000 TCP & UDP
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for any pointers!

    >> Try adding:
    >> Port: 5004 / UDP (RTP, language)
    >> Port 8011 - 8019 / UDP

    > Still no joy :-(
    >
    > I can connect to sipgate with the pap2 no problmes, so the router the NZ
    > end is obviously ok.
    > I have two broadband coccections, and have just tried switching the
    > connection the Asterisk box uses and configured this router to port
    > forward the relevent ports, stil no joy :-(
    >
    > Any other suggestions!
    >

    > Sparks...

    Make sure your sip.conf looks something like this:

    [general]

    port = 5060 ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
    bindaddr = 0.0.0.0 ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
    disallow=all
    externip=123.456.7.8 ;this should be your public IP address
    localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 ; modify, depending on Router's subnet
    allow=ulaw
    allow=alaw
    context = from-sip-external ; Send unknown SIP callers to this context
    callerid = Unknown
    canreinvite=no
    progressinband=yes

    #include sip_nat.conf