    I use her wifi connection without a problem every day. So, there should b no
    Mac/Windows interoperability issue. Any thoughts? I have tried the add
    printer feature and used every path available with no luck.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBMYW5l?=, Sep 11, 2005

  2. Try:

    1. Determine the IP address of the printer - usually you can print a
    configuration page and find it there.

    2. Start the Add Printer wizard. Do not select Network Printer - select
    Local Printer and clear any check boxes for auto detection.

    3. Select Create new port - select Standard TCP/IP port and configure it
    with the IP address of the HP.

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    "John Lane" <John > wrote in message
    > In my house, our printer (an HP DeskJet 5740) is attached to a wifi base
    > station via a USB cable and accessed via a wifi connection. The printer

    is

    Doug Sherman [MVP], Sep 12, 2005

  3. Perfect response. TY!!

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obkxhbmU=?=, Sep 13, 2005
  4. Thanks, Doug. Worked like a charm for me, too. In my case, with a printer
    attached by USB to an AIrport Express base station, it was the IP number of
    the base station that worked. If only the Windows help facilities told one
    this, I could have saved hours of poking about fruitlessly.

    Ian Winkworth

    =?Utf-8?B?SWFuIFdpbmt3b3J0aA==?=, Feb 8, 2006
  5. Hi,

    I have the same problem. I got through the create new TCP/IP port, but I
    chose the wrong adapter for the port. Now I want to go back and fix it, but
    I can't find any way to do so. When I tried running the wizard again it said
    the port was already in use and kicked me out of the wizard.

    How can I fix it?

    Thanks
    Ken

    =?Utf-8?B?S0tNX0hvdXN0b24=?=, Feb 10, 2006