    access the 2nd hard drive because the guy that did the work went on
    vacation. I can search files individually by using the "Search" but I
    want to access the whole hard drive. Thanks.
    Hurricane1000, Jan 14, 2007

  2. Hurricane1000

    Baron Guest

    Hurricane1000 wrote:

    > I had my 2 hard drives put into one machine and now I don't know how
    > to access the 2nd hard drive because the guy that did the work went
    > on vacation. I can search files individually by using the "Search"
    > but I want to access the whole hard drive. Thanks.

    Assuming that the boot drive is C: then the other will be the next
    free letter.

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.
    Baron, Jan 14, 2007

  3. C is the boot and E is the 2ndary, but how can I get the desktop to
    come up like the C does? Thanks.
    Hurricane1000, Jan 14, 2007
  4. "Hurricane1000" <> wrote in message

    > C is the boot and E is the 2ndary, but how can I get the desktop to
    > come up like the C does? Thanks.

    Can you give more info? If the OS is on C and not on E, E won't "come up"
    ever, even as a desktop because you are booting from C. Check the bios and
    the boot.ini file if you are running NT or similar OS. If E is only storage,
    it will never boot and plays no part in the desktop.
    Anthony Wilson, Jan 14, 2007
  5. Hurricane1000

    Baron Guest

    Anthony Wilson wrote:

    > "Hurricane1000" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> C is the boot and E is the 2ndary, but how can I get the desktop to
    >> come up like the C does? Thanks.
    >>

    > Can you give more info? If the OS is on C and not on E, E won't
    > "come up" ever, even as a desktop because you are booting from C.
    > Check the bios and the boot.ini file if you are running NT or
    > similar OS. If E is only storage, it will never boot and plays no
    > part in the desktop.

    Yes I agree! Look in my computer and you will see the other drive.
    Simply click on it !!

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.
    Baron, Jan 14, 2007
  6. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. The OS is XP. The boot.ini
    is like calculus to me. That's why I took it to have this stuff done. I
    thought I might have the OS on both hard drives if that's possible.
    Hurricane1000, Jan 14, 2007
  7. Hurricane1000

    Baron Guest

    Hurricane1000 wrote:

    > Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. The OS is XP. The
    > boot.ini is like calculus to me. That's why I took it to have this
    > stuff done. I thought I might have the OS on both hard drives if
    > that's possible.

    Yes you can, in fact you can have multiple OS on the same hard disk!
    But you can only boot from one of them ! Which rather makes having two
    copies of the same OS a little pointless!

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.
    Baron, Jan 14, 2007
  8. Hurricane1000

    Guest

    Hurricane1000 wrote:
    > Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. The OS is XP. The boot.ini
    > is like calculus to me. That's why I took it to have this stuff done. I
    > thought I might have the OS on both hard drives if that's possible.

    suppose an OS is on that drive too.. and the drive letter is E..

    then using "my computer" go to

    e:\documents and settings\username\desktop

    as in click E then click "documents and settings" then (within that
    you'll see more folders, username folders), click whatever username, (a
    few folders will appeara for different users of that computer). Then
    click the desktop folder within the username folder, to see their
    desktop

    documents and settings

    --------username

    | ------desktop

    I hope you understnad the hierarchical view.. above..
    , Jan 15, 2007
  9. Hurricane1000

    Guest

    Baron wrote:
    > Hurricane1000 wrote:
    >
    > > Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. The OS is XP. The
    > > boot.ini is like calculus to me. That's why I took it to have this
    > > stuff done. I thought I might have the OS on both hard drives if
    > > that's possible.

    > Yes you can, in fact you can have multiple OS on the same hard disk!
    > But you can only boot from one of them ! Which rather makes having two
    > copies of the same OS a little pointless!
    >
    > --

    useful if one gets corrupt. You can use the backup one temporarily,
    and it may help to fix the other, being able to view,read,write to
    files on the partition with the corrupt copy of xp.

    Also, I think if you use HyperOS, it's like a boot manager + more, it
    works by loading them all in ram and letting you flick between them..
    that's what i've heard anyway . So, that'd be another reason for 2 of
    the same OSs.
    , Jan 15, 2007