    My config file is quite close to 122 kBytes (the limit is 128 kBytes, is it true?
    My version is 6.3(4)

    Alex
    AM, Dec 5, 2005

  2. AM

    nazgulero Guest

    Re: Access Violation error while saving config from PIX through PDM to a TFTP server.

    Hello,

    this is from the PDM Q&A:

    Q. Is there a limitation on the size of the configuration that Cisco
    PDM can handle?

    A. Cisco recommends that you use Cisco PDM with configuration files
    that are 100 KB (approximately 1500 lines) or less in size.

    Not sure if that makes a difference, but you might want to try this
    TFTP server (which is recommended by Cisco):

    http://tftpd32.jounin.net/

    HTH,

    Naz
    nazgulero, Dec 5, 2005

  3. AM

    AM Guest

    nazgulero wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > this is from the PDM Q&A:
    >
    > Q. Is there a limitation on the size of the configuration that Cisco
    > PDM can handle?
    >
    > A. Cisco recommends that you use Cisco PDM with configuration files
    > that are 100 KB (approximately 1500 lines) or less in size.

    Actually Cisco says that for 525 the limit is 1 or 2 MBytes

    > Not sure if that makes a difference, but you might want to try this
    > TFTP server (which is recommended by Cisco):
    >
    > http://tftpd32.jounin.net/

    That's my favourite and I got that error with it.

    Many Thanks,

    Alex
    AM, Dec 6, 2005
  4. In article <JRSkf.68845$>, AM <> wrote:
    >I've got that error while saving the config file to TFTP.
    >No problems using CLI.

    That's odd. Access violation is always a refusal by the receiving end to
    accept the file. On many tftp servers, the receiving file must exist
    and be world-writable (or at least by the tftp daemon's effective ID).

    I speculate that when you are triggering the transfer via PDM, that
    the file name is not what you expect, perhaps because you are
    giving an explicit filename when you work on the CLI and
    "tftp-server" is configured for a different one; or perhaps the
    PDM is trying to write to a temporary filename ?? The logs on your
    tftp server should show you exactly which name was being attempted.

    "access violation" is never an issue of the file being too big.
    Walter Roberson, Dec 6, 2005
  5. AM

    Damian Guest

    Not sure if you're still following this thread, but I was having th
    same problem and my solution was very simple.

    The tftpd32.exe needs to be located at the root of C: to properly fin
    the file path structure.

    move the tftpd32.exe to c: and run it from there, then do the write ne
    from the pix

    --
    Damia
    Damian's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=14