Access to the path ... is denied

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by calvinkwoo3000, Oct 24, 2008.

  1. calvinkwoo3000

    calvinkwoo3000

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hi All,

    I develop an web application which will read a file data from another server directory and insert to database. example : \\abcabc\financedata\PA\mthData.123.

    Below is my coding

    Try

    Using objReader As StreamReader = New StreamReader("\\abcabc\financedata\PA\mthData.123")

    Do While Not objReader.EndOfStream
    strLine = objReader.ReadLine()
    str1 = strLine.Substring(6, 4)
    str2 = strLine.Substring(10, 2)
    str3 = CDbl(strLine.Substring(134, 10))
    ' Insert data to server
    bln = dbAccess.importComm_P("I", str1, str2, str3)
    Loop
    objReader.Close()
    Label3.Text = "Success!"
    End Using
    Catch ex As Exception
    Label3.Text = "File mthData.123 not found!"
    Label3.Text &= ex.Message

    End Try

    when i run this at localhost (http://localhost:4207/ttt/filename.aspx)

    It working success!

    but when i move the application file to Development server,

    when i run it at (http://10.100.10.10/ttt/filename.aspx or http://servername.com/ttt/filename.aspx)

    it show me File mthData.123 not found! Access to the path '\\abcabc\financedata\PA\mthData.123' is denied

    May i know what happen and what can i do to solve it,

    Thanks.

    calvinkwoo3000, Oct 24, 2008

  2. calvinkwoo3000

    johny84

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2008
    Messages:
    10
    It seems like you have not copied all the necessary files.

    johny84, Nov 5, 2008