Access to network through physical interface

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Bryan, Oct 2, 2008.

  1. Bryan

    Bryan Guest

    Hello all,

    I have a Cisco 6500 I'm using to manage my internet feed and VLANs. I
    have a publicly routable class C subnet, and I have my internet feed
    terminating at interface 1/1 on the switch and a .254 address for my
    class C assigned on that interface.

    I have a client connected to interface 2/8 that I would like to assign
    a publicly routable address to (current IOS doesn't do NAT traversal
    and my client needs to use IPSec). Is there a way I can configure the
    switch such that interface 2/8 has access to the network coming in on
    interface 1/1? I tried creating a VLAN, granting both interface 1/1
    and 2/8 access to the VLAN, and creating a virtual interface on the
    VLAN configured the same way the physical interface 1/1 was
    configured, but unfortunately this didn't quite work for me because my
    physical interface 1/1 is doing 'IP NAT outside' and this didn't seem
    to fly when I did it on the virtual interface (my NATted networks on
    other VLANs no longer had access to the internet).

    Please help! Let me know if I need to clarify anything.

    --
    Thanks!
    Bryan

    Bryan, Oct 2, 2008