    to get any support from the provider. Does anybody know of any other free
    news services that would allow me access to "alt" groups? Is anybody else
    having the same problem? Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide.

    SWE, Nov 13, 2003

  2. SWE

    billyw Guest

    News.CIS.DFN.DE

    "SWE" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > For the past couple of months I've been using the free news service from
    > news.individual.net (thank you Frisbee®) to read and post here and at
    > alt.certification.mcse. The service seems to be on the fritz and I'm

    unable

    billyw, Nov 13, 2003

  3. SWE

    SWE Guest

    Thanks for the alternate server but I'm still having the same problem. In
    the status bar of OE it says Finding Host, then Connecting, then
    Authorizing. Then I get a Logon dialog window with my username and password
    already entered. I enter them the same way I've entered them since I had the
    account and it won't accept them. I never changed anything with the
    provider, and I haven't broken any of their rules/guidelines. This just
    happened out of the blue. Any thoughts?

    "billyw" wrote:
    News.CIS.DFN.DE

    SWE, Nov 14, 2003
  4. SWE wrote:
    > Thanks for the alternate server but I'm still having the same
    > problem. In the status bar of OE it says Finding Host, then
    > Connecting, then Authorizing. Then I get a Logon dialog window with
    > my username and password already entered. I enter them the same way
    > I've entered them since I had the account and it won't accept them. I
    > never changed anything with the provider, and I haven't broken any of
    > their rules/guidelines. This just happened out of the blue. Any
    > thoughts?

    They're both the same, just the individual name is their new name.

    I've been on the older one for quite some time with no problems. I on rare
    occaision get the error you noted above, but it usually passes quickly.

    If you can afford a one-time charge of something like $5, you could sign up
    for free teranews (http://www.teranews.com) They require a credit card
    (for validation purposes only) and provide complete binaries, up to 50
    megabytes per day for the free access account. It used to be completely
    free, and I signed up when there wasn't even the $5 charge, but I guess the
    response was too overwhelming and they started charging that one-time fee.
    They have problems on occaision too, and have to give preference to their
    subscribed members, but it seems to be up about 99% of the time, and works
    great.

    --
    Fris "newsgroupie" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Nov 14, 2003
  5. Did you recently upgrade Outlook Express, for example using
    windowsupdate.microsoft.com?

    --
    Politician Spock
    MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

    Politician Spock, Nov 14, 2003
  6. SWE

    SWE Guest

    "Politician Spock" <> wrote in message
    Did you recently upgrade Outlook Express, for example using
    windowsupdate.microsoft.com?
    ---
    nope, i didn't change anything, no installations, no upgrades, nada. one day
    it worked, the next it didn't.

    SWE, Nov 14, 2003