    workgroup. What needs to be changed or configured as I got "Access is
    denied, you don't have access rights to the service? Thanks.

    Alan

    Alan, Aug 13, 2003

  2. Alan

    Alan Guest

    There is no domain, only a workgroup environment. I opened up a mmc, and let
    say I want to add a snap-in (say, disk management, or group policy), you
    then get to choose a local computer or a remote computer in the diaglog box
    once you pick your snap-in. The error pops up when I tried to access the
    snap-in on another computer. Thanks.

    Alan

    "Davin Mickelson" <> wrote in message
    > An MMC SnapIn is merely a DLL that is loaded by the MMC GUI framework.
    > Which SnapIn are you trying to load from another computer via DCOM? This

    is
    > the wrong way to do it.
    >
    > Load the SnapIn locally in MMC and then right-click it to register another
    > computer. This may or may not work - depending on what SnapIn it is. You
    > didn't specify.
    >
    > You may need domain admin rights to control the other computer. I don't

    know

    Alan, Aug 13, 2003

  3. My answer was wrong. Sorry.

    I am guessing you don't have administrative rights to the computer you are
    trying to connect to.
    Searching the MS Support site, there seems to be a lot of errors like this
    when people are trying to connect to NT4 with IIS.

    Have you added you user profile to the Administrators group on the remote
    machine?

    Does this error occur for any SnapIn that you wish to use to control remote
    machines? If so, it's definitely security.
    Davin Mickelson

    Davin Mickelson, Aug 13, 2003